KUIU Verde 2.0 Much Darker in Person

Octang

FNG
Has anyone purchased the Kuiu Verde 2.0 pattern yet? I just received my Guide jacket, pants, neck gaitor, hat and gloves and they are CONSIDERABLY darker in color than what is shown on the website.

Everything has a greenish/gray tint to it, it kinda looks like an updated version of the 1990s US Army fatigues. The pictures on the Kuiu website shows the lights color on the Verde 2.0 pattern as decisively tan, however don't expect this to be the case.

Has anyone else purchased Verde 2.0 and experienced this? Or is it just me? I still like the pattern they sent me enough, so I'm going to keep the gear, but I'm a little dissapointed in the astounding lack of accuracy of the website photos (I don't like surprises lol) and wanted to warn anyone shopping for it in advance.

Stohs57

FNG
Uh oh... I just ordered my stuff too. One of the main reasons I ordered it was because it had green in it, and because it was LIGHTER in color. Hope I still like it. I'll keep it as well, just because I hate returning things, and I'm sure it'll be much better than that Realtree or Mossy Oak stuff!

Erock1313

FNG
I recently got some and had the exact same thoughts about how dark it is vs the website, especially after hearing the 2.0 was supposed to be a sort of fusion between Vias and Verde. Im not displeased with it, but like you; like to get things how i see them.

It's also funny that I had same 1st thoughts about the resemblance to the old Army fatigues....haha!

BKhunter

WKR
Same opinion here. Bought attack pants, zip up hoody and long sleeve half zip merion shirt.........Still keeping it though.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm tempted to get a verde 2.0 setup but I'm so deep into vias at this point it's probably not worth it.

Also, on the Kuiu gear sale Facebook group I always see a disproportionate amount of people wanted to sell or trail their verde stuff to go vias.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kuiu has horrible photos online. You're better off looking or asking for field shots in natural lighting. I only bought a beanie in 2.0 but saw a guide jacket at Walmart, it blends more subtle with the tan and green but I appreciate the black instead of the old bluish grey. I don't think it would be bad in a mixed forest but would be dark if hunting the prairie

I did get someone on the FB group to post a pic of their attack pants in 1.0 and 2.0. That piece looked bad on the site but actually looks good in natural lighting and better than the 1.0. I always thought the attack material didn't represent 1.0 well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bought several pieces of the V2.0 and my reaction is that it has much more contrast than original Verde. I like it better. The dark/light factor really appeals to me.

pj2147

FNG
The peloton pullover I got in verde 2.0 ended up seeming lighter in color, in daylight , than my first impression told me it would be, but yeah, the merino baselayer is noticeably darker than expected.

Yea I noticed it when I started ordering stuff for my verde 2.0 setup. It's quite different. I thought they would have fixed it by now but I guess they're not going to. I still love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texag10

WKR
The material can make a difference as well. I have 2 verde 1.0 pieces. The tiburon pants are much lighter than the 210 hoodie. I don't really care either way, it breaks up my outline well enough.