Corrugate guide pants or Sitka ascent pants?

buttekid

Lil-Rokslider
I've had good luck with the FL pants. I just picked up the ascent pants and shirt for a warm weather hunt but not had a chance to wear them. Use caution if ordering online because they run small.

Brendan

WKR
I had mixed luck with the Corrugate Guide's. I had one pair that I wore for a season that worked great, came back looking and fitting great after 2 weeks of Elk hunting and all my training / scouting. I traded them on a different camo pattern, and the second pair I swear stretched out to the point where I felt like MC Hammer in his 80's baggy "Can't Touch This" getup... That pair also had the crotch seam blow out, and I've had that happen to one other.

I bought a pair of the Sitka ascent pants and shirt - super light, but just wasn't feeling it so I returned them. I think that was more when I realized how much it was actually costing me for the shirt and pants though and that I probably wouldn't get as much use out of them.

As of now, I'm running either Prana Zion or Eddie Bauer Guide this year unless I pick up a solid color pair of Kuiu Attack, which I actually really liked when I ran them because of the leg vents...

Last edited:

sr80

WKR
Ascent pants will be a lot cooler than the corrogates. I find the corrogates pretty warm in hot weather. The mesh pockets in the new ascent pants actually work very well to vent the warm air out of your pants - just like they claim. That cool breeze feels so good !

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. The Ascents are my favorite pair of pants I've ever had. The only thing I don't like about them is the boot opening is really small. They might have changed this but I've been wearing mine since 2014 or so. A lot of guys complain that the Ascents fit to athletic but I love the fit. I'm pretty pissed they stopped making them in Open Country. I have a bunch of Open Country and I don't really want to make the switch to Subalpine....I'm a camo matching guy if I can help it.

The FL Guides are also nice pants. If you want to run suspenders that's a plus for the Guides. They're thicker than the Ascent and initially mine were pretty loud. They're getting better but I really wish they would quite down. The pockets are located more towards the front and initially I thought out was weird but they work pretty well. My first pair of Guides fit a little different than my second pair. Kind of annoyed me but most probably wouldn't notice. I wear my Guides to work in and hunt and overall they're great pants.

Early season in hot weather the Ascent is hard to beat. I layer underneath them and can stretch them to later in the season. Others will disagree but if I could only have one of the Sitka pants it would be the Ascent. I can say the same for the FL Guides. I think it's their best pant. Hard to go wrong with either.