Looking to Add Some Kuiu Pieces

Looking to add a few Kuiu pieces to my setup.

I currently have:

Peloton 97 Zip-T Hoodie
Pelonton 130 SS/LS
Peloton 200 Zip-T
Ultra Merino 125 SS

Attack Pants
Guide Pants

Guide Jacket

I hunt out west (Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho) from August to November. Occasionally December. Hiking/Glassing is mostly what I do.

Anyone that hunts similiar places/times have any must have pieces, or pieces you don't leave without?

Thanks

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
If backpacking, I would get a set of Ultra NX rain gear (Pants and jacket) to protect against the elements. Both fold up to the size of two fists and easily fit in a small pocket. If you are less concerned w/ weight, check out the Chugach rain gear (only about a pound for jacket), but you get pockets and 4-way stretch.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
My next purchase would be a kenai jacket. Warm durable good piece of clothing.

If you're backpacking, I'd check out the super down jacket...

Good luck.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Top of the list- Chugach rain gear. Then Superdown vest and pants.

Next on the list- Merino base. Merino beanie. Guide gloves.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kenai with hood. Large weighes 16.7. with pit zips it's hard to beat this for stop and go style. Use a rain shell to retain heat if stationary for awhile. Maybe not as compact or warm as the superdown but it's quiet if you are stalking in cool temps.

Kenai pants, very comfy to sleep in. Real nice to have on when you first get out of your bag.

I don't own any Kuiu rain gear but if only buying one set for all scenarios it would be the chugach. I did see the ultra pants and maybe get them over the chugach pants to save weight unless you are in brush a lot.

I really like the peloton 240 hoody. Blocks wind extremely well and is far superior against the wind than the guide jacket. I like your pant choices and I feel they are the best two. Chugach rain jacket and an insulation piece would be up there

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the peloton 240 hoody. Blocks wind extremely well and is far superior against the wind than the guide jacket. I like your pant choices and I feel they are the best two. Chugach rain jacket and an insulation piece would be up there

How quiet is the peloton 240 hoody? I was looking at this for a wind resistant layer/warmth but wanted something as quiet as possible for archery. Without a thread derail is this going to be the best piece for this application?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Peloton 240 is nice, I couldn't live without my attack gators and guide gloves. I end up loving out of attack pants most of the season but I'm thinking of going with the alpines this year for the knee pads.

I like all the Kuiu stuff but I'm not a huge fan of their puffy jackets, I just prefer the options from kifaru and first lite for puffy jackets.

Stwrt9

WKR
How quiet is the peloton 240 hoody? I was looking at this for a wind resistant layer/warmth but wanted something as quiet as possible for archery. Without a thread derail is this going to be the best piece for this application?

It's quiet enough for archery, I use mine all season. Out of the package you might think it won't be very quiet but give it a good wash and it soften's up. it's a nice piece of equipment

Once it's washed and worn a little it's closer to a sweatshirt noise level than a traditional wind layer

OP
B
For those recommending the Kenai. Where does it fit with the guide jacket? Do you ever wear both?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
For those recommending the Kenai. Where does it fit with the guide jacket? Do you ever wear both?

I sold my guide to buy my kenai hooded. You could wear both together, I'd size up on the guide though. The guide was too much of a specialty piece and I wanted something I would use year round. I own generic softshell for the rare need.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider

During 2nd and 3rd rifle in CO, I wear the Kenai as an outer layer, unless it's dumping. It'll be fine for quick passing rain/snow/ If the weather sticks around for longer, I just toss the guide jacket on top. Kuiu tried to size so that things can be layered easily. In otherwords, if you're a large in a guide jacket, get the large in everything else.... At least that's their theory - which has worked well for me. So, yes, I wear both, and it fits in well as both an outer and mid layer. Look at the outlet section on Kuiu's site .... I believe they have the kenai in there.

Good Luck!