Whitetail stand cold weather bibs

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to upgrade my bibs, nothing to pricey but I'm definitely a guy that gets super cold in the stand in cold weather. Hoping to get some ideas on bibs y'all have tried that you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whisky

WKR
Cabelas stand hunter extreme for bibs. The Wooltimate pants are good too, I use the pants more then the bibs.... Pair them with a First Lite Woodbury or Sanctuary jacket and you should be good to go.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite sanctuary bibs and jacket are awesome but they are pricey...if you don't need to draw a bow the cabelas coveralls (big thick ones can't remember name) are super warm but too bulky for bow hunting IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've been using the same Wall's brand bibs since the late 90's. I use a Drake MST 1/4 zip pullover for the really cold days. I've been thinking about adding a down pant to my setup for some weight savings.

Squirrels

WKR
Cableas has a couple different options that will suit you well, no experience with the FL Sanctuary but I've heard rave reviews. I have a pair of Sitka Fanatics I picked up used and if they (with the proper base layer) won't keep you warm I'd say you are screwed. If you are patient you can find a good deal on some premium bibs used. You said nothing to pricey, what's your budget?

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
If you're not walking far to the stand, the Cabelas stand hunter extreme are incredibly warm but too warm for anything above the low 20s or so (for me anyways). I use the Sitka Fanatic for 40s down to low teens and works awesome, much lighter weight as well. If you go the Cabelas route keep an eye out they often go on sale. I actually have a bib (medium tall) and jacket (medium tall) that I may sell since it just doesn't seem to get cold enough for them in NH!

Last edited:

Btaylor

WKR
For 32 and colder I wear a pair of fleece lined blue jeans from SAMs as a base and a pair of nat gear winterceptor fleece pants as an outer. The nat gear is not insulated but is a heavy fleece that is virtually wind proof. They also make bibs. For budget minded folks that want to stay warm the nat gear fleece is jam up good. Keeps me in a treestand just fine down to the low teens and I tend to get cold quicker than most of the guys I hunt with.

I have a pair of the original elevated camo pattern Fanatic Bibs and they are great. Very functional and lots of convenient features that come in handy when all bulked up for the cold weather. I get cold easily when the temps drop and they serve me just fine.

I have the Cabela MT050 bibs and they are good to mid teens with proper base/layering. Somewhat bulky and too warm to walk too far in. Also pricey until late winter sales. Waterproof and wind proof.

gumbl3

WKR
I like the Heater Body Suit when it's bone chilling cold.. Quiet, hides all your 'fidgets' and easy to regulate by just opening the zipper

Additionally I'm not walking or climbing into my stand in anything super warm, so I have to try and get heavy bibs over my boots, a jacket under my harness, etc.. With the HBS I just step into it and pull it up, I don't have to cinch it down right away since I'm still going to be warm from the walk in but it's quick to cover up when I'm ready

KurtR

WKR
I use the Walmart jeans and then Colombia bibs and coat I got years ago to lay in ditches and pass shoot geese. I guess cold is relative to where you are. Up here zero and no wind is nice throw a 20 mph breeze in then some teeth are chattering

Rolando

FNG
I went with the MT050 pants last year, and they were great. I previously wore Whitewater bibs but prefer the weight savings and warmth of the pants.

TheJuice

WKR
I've got a Cabelas Whitetail Extreme Stand Hunter set I would sell at a good price. Could sell the set for $225 shipped. Size medium.
Only selling because I just picked up a FL Sanctuary kit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Murdy

WKR
If you have a Gander near you, they are just about out of business, run in a check it out, bibs and insulated pants were one the things in better supply last time I walked though one near me. Not as good as Sitka or First Lite, but get them a size up and wear something substantial under them.

Also a search for Core4element bibs might be worthwhile (check at Black Ovis)