Looking for opinions... Puffy jacket

jljmonky

FNG
Okay folks. I'm a cheap bastard... I like to buy one thing that will suit multiple uses. Not like a multi tool, but like, one pack to use for work (military), hiking and hunting, and then buy a really good one.... Where I have a pseudo shortfall is in an insulative layer jacket. I have a very nice Columbia down with the reflective liner, but it is mustard orange ish, I have a Patagonia nano puff that is the oddest blue, light blue, the kind of light blue that makes me question my heterosexuality... And finally a down jacket from Sportsman's Guide that is Forrest green...

Now, from a quality stand point the Patagonia and the Columbia are similar. The Patagonia packs about half the size of the Columbia but still, the Columbia is the size of my paratarp packed. But the Sportsman's Guide is a "hunting color". They provide comparable warmth.

If you had to choose one, because I'm not dropping another $200 for something I already own, which would you choose?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
Are you wearing a layer over it? If so it really doesn't matter, if not I'd wear the green one. I have a black Patagonia nano that I keep in my pack mid and late season and a green marmot down that I wear if it's really cold. I normally wear either under my outer shell though.

ljalberta

WKR
I also couldn't really care less about the colour. I'd take the warmest. If they're all the same warmth, I'd take the lightest.