Thin gloves

Looking for decent thin gloves for early season. Mainly for 30 degrees or so. Like to have good tactile feel but still shoot a bow well.

mcseal2

WKR
The Sitka core gloves work well for me. They are real thin and not real warm, but are enough for when I'm moving. I put on Kuiu glassing mitts or Aleyeskan rag wool gloves over the top when I stop to glass for a long time.

jljmonky

FNG
I've liked and ordered a new pair (lost the old ones) the under armour glove liners and the standard army issue wool glove liners.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've liked/used polartec powerstretch gloves in the past (I have some manzella ones). I like the kuiu peleton 200 gloves a bit better, I have a brown pair I used hunting and all winter for casual use (scraping truck windows, etc.).

I like these but buy them on Amazon:

Tactical > The Original Coyote Tactical Gloves | Mechanix Wear

Also, I have found that I really like a hand muffler for bow hunting instead of gloves or I will use a glove only on my weak hand and keep my draw hand in the muffler or a pocket. I played around and found I prefer the fhf hand warmer.

http://fhfgear.com/tactical/molle-muff/

With a chemical heat pack in it, I have sat stands in 15 degrees and been very happy. It is fine on the move but less good if you need to use your hands to pick through brush or scramble over rocks and such.

jljmonky

FNG
You guys are reminding me... I was in Japan for a .mil exercise 8-9 years ago and bought Japanese army glove liners. They are like a Merino/Lycra/Spandex mix of some kind that is effing awesome! Warm, extremely light... I just can't find anything like them here and don't have any friends on a Japanese army base...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've worn Flying Gloves for hunting since I got out...don't know if they would suit your application but I find the leather palms and nomex backing combo to be handy in the back country.

Amazon.com: Northstar Tactical Nomex Fire Flight Gloves: Sports & Outdoors
I have been wearing these for 25 years. I haven't bought a pair in a few years. It seems to me that they are not made the same way as they once were. Maybe I am just crazy but they don't feel quite right and something is weird with the stitching around the fingers

Dinger

WKR
I have been wearing these for 25 years. I haven't bought a pair in a few years. It seems to me that they are not made the same way as they once were. Maybe I am just crazy but they don't feel quite right and something is weird with the stitching around the fingers

I think they are manufactured by a bunch of companies now...I have made a point of only buying the green ones sold as pilot gloves from surplus stores and have had a good run with them.....they seem identical to my old issued sets. However my old man bought some black ones from a random Ebay vendor and I agree the feel of them is slightly different.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like firstlite aerowool and Kuiu peloton merino liners.

I throw the Kuiu guide glove over those mostnof the time and I find it's a good set up.

colonel00

WKR
I've got several pairs of these gloves from Giro. They are for biking but they are really pretty decent. Kinda pricey at regular price but I got mine for something like half price or cheaper. I'll see if I can find more info.

Giro D'Wool Mountain Biking Glove

Here's the previous thread. Try the code in that thread to get 50% off and see if it still works. These are great for $15. Not too warm but enough to keep that early morning nip off your fingers. Thin enough to wear under other gloves. No special material for using touchscreens but it usually still picks up my fingers for some not to pinpoint usage on my phone.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/clothing/54810-found-glove-option.html?highlight=giro

Ive got the KUIU Merino gloves. They work well. then I have a pair of outers, don't know if they make them any more or if they are now one of the Peleton line, but I believe they were Chinook series, one step lighter than the guides. They are really thin. With the merino, they make for a really nice light glove.

I have some mechanics wear gloves to but mostly use them for mechanickin...lol.

I have a pair of Rocky's that I actually got in Walmart years ago that are absolutely the perfect weight for those cold mornings. Super thing but just enough to take the edge off...problem is I lost one of them. I hold on the remaining one in hopes that the other will magically appear some day. :)

I am kind of a glove snob and have yet to find the perfect ones. The KUIU or that pair of rockys are as close to perfection for me that I have seen.

For treestand hunting I just wear a muff. No gloves.

Edit: the KUIU gloves are the tiburons.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the fingerless merino first lite gloves and the mechanix gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also try to carry a stylus to operate my phone with. It really takes the hassle out of taking a glove on and off.

Some of the Sitka gloves have the fingertip that you can use your phone without removing your glove or needing a stylus. The shooting glove has it for sure, and they are lightweight for trigger feel, but heavy enough for warmth.

Some of the Sitka gloves have the fingertip that you can use your phone without removing your glove or needing a stylus. The shooting glove has it for sure, and they are lightweight for trigger feel, but heavy enough for warmth.

I have noticed that when it gets cold out the tech tip on my gloves don't work as good for me. Don't know if it's my phone case or me.

The Dickies thin rubber faced work gloves as sold in 6-packs by Costco for $14 (Canadian) are great gloves, red & black though in each pack. Wore them the whole time in the NWT last week. Beats wearing out a pair off Kuiu Guide Gloves in the rocks! Wouldn't be warm enough for tree stand use though. I get about two weeks out of a pair when landscaping this
summer. Tough and comfortable.

Finch

WKR
I've always been a fan of the thin Under Armour liner gloves.