Gear Junkies

Rwbrew3

WKR
I'm not sure what it is but I have a serious addiction to hunting clothes and gear. Didn't realize how bad until tonight going through all my hunting bags for a upcoming Elk hunt and I have more than i thought. Took pics and I have more than I could ever wear but cant get rid of it, ill post pics for the heck of it and would like to see if others are as bad. I keep notes on all of it, sizes, makes color pattern size and condition....

I have sitka, kuiu, under armour, and other misc stuff, lots of packs, boots, hats etc....

I need to find a gear junkie rehab center, but wanted to see how many of y'all have the same Illness!!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel ya. Told my wife that I sold a jacket, she was happy until it's replacement showed up . I bought five pairs of pants this year. Four are solid color all purpose. I did sell one pair. Now that I think about it I'm embarrassed by what I bought this year.

Come to think of it I didn't have to buy arrows this year.

Yes I need to stop. Just trying to gear up before a career change.

We are not Gear Junkies...we are G E A R W H O R E S. Keep it straight. And do not worry that you buy gear just to keep others from getting it...that's perfectly fine. I have nearly 100 pcs of Sitka and have half a garage of hunting crap. Kuiu, Nat Gear, Kryptek, Russell, FL, MO, Kings Camo and others. Don't like selling pieces either.They're mine...MINE I say!! Don't touch them, don't even look at them!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.......................

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. I have full clothing "systems" from Kuiu, Sitka, and first lite. Now I need a stone glacier pack since I already have a kifaru and I probably need that Barrett fieldcraft rifle to make a direct comparison to. Y kimber.

I just got a hilleberg soulo, luckily it's pretty inconspicuous so my wife hasn't noticed it. Also, I just grabbed a pair of kenetrek guide boots and she hasn't noticed that either.

She actually got on my case today because we're flying out to a village tomorrow and I told her I should get more ammo before we go, she brought up the fact that I just got ~10 boxes of ammo over the past few days.....some people just don't get it.

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
I'm learning the hardest part is keeping my stories straight, and getting to the mailbox first to get in my bag !

FlyGuy

WKR
There is nothing like getting home from work and seeing a box innocently sitting by the front door with a rhino on the side of it and trying hard to act like you hadn't even noticed it while you eat dinner as to not draw any attention to the fact that "YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER TENT THINGY????!!!!"

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
I have a pretty serious problem buying Sitka clothing. It started with waterfowl. Once I bought the first piece I couldnt stop. Then started elk hunting, not that took it to a whole new level. Another set of gear. Then I lost 35 lbs, so I had to get 33" in everything. Probably should sell the 36" gear, but... It's beyond ridiculous now.

Now, i do buy most of my stuff used off of here or ebay (just picked up a pair of '17 ascents off the classifieds last night! Woohoo!) I have so many Pants and shirts and jackets that I start to spin out a bit when packing for a trip. If I'm not careful I'll have 30lbs of Just in case gear packed. Same as the OP, I leave for my WY Elk Hunt in 20 days and when packing I just have to laugh at myself! In fact, have a pretty new Hunter with us this year that is on a tight budget. He's roughly my size so I just told him to spend his money on optics b/c I have more clothing than even the both of us could wear on this 10 day trip.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
It is funny how it all leads to something else, I'm a bow hunter and have 4 bows, of coarse always need a back up, then its what if my back up fails, so now my back up has a back up, the other is for 3D and i think it may need a back up. Then a buddy of mine got me into 6.5s, started with one, now i have two and of coarse i need optics's and trying to explain to the wife that the optics are always more expensive than what they sit on and that I'm also going to need a better spotter to get them dialed in, and of coarse i need everything now so i can shoot, get it all ordered mounted up then put them away without ever pulling the trigger on either.

I need help !

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Anyone else buy the same thing after just buying it because it was cheaper than the one you just bought ?

Jardo

WKR
Oh man. Glad I'm not the only one. The key is to try and pace yourself. I've spent $2,500 on Sitka, skre, kenetrek, and crispi since June. I gotta slow down but I frickin love the high end clothing. How many sets of rain gear is truly enough? Maybe just one more.

Last edited:

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
My oh my.... I don't want to think of all I spent on alpine clothing and gear during the last 12 months...

Last edited: