Kuiu sizing

CRAGGAR

FNG
KUIU makes great clothing but their sizing is all over the place.Every time when i think i have the sizing figured out end up returning or exchanging.Anyone else have this issue or is it this 55 year old body??

Kilboars

WKR
They seem a little to fitted to be comfortable also. I find I could live in my Sitka but Kuiu is more about looking cool. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
Their sizing depends on the intended use of the garment. So, a base layer in L will be snugger than an outer layer in L. They are designed to order the same size throughout the system. So, I'd suggest getting the sizing right for the base layer and then moving up. For me, everything they have (base layer, pants, shirts, gloves, etc.) in a Medium fits great - but that's my experience. Just my $.02.

That said, I know they've had issues with some sizes being too small - in particular with the early tiburon series 1/4 zip shirts.

Good Luck!

I like their gear and it's primarily what I wear, but their sizing is nothing short of ridiculous.

For instance, Attack pants measure true - so a 36 pant actually measures 36 in the waist - unlike almost all clothes manufacturers, where a 36 pant actually measures 38ish when you break out the tape measure.

That being said, the Alpine pant in a 36 actually measured 38, so I had to return mine for a 34....so just to reiterate, the 36 attack fits exactly the same as a 34 alpine pant.

Upper body is equally frustrating. Large merino fits perfect, but Large in the guide jacket is way to small, then Large in the Chugach is huge. I recently purchased a XL Peloton hoody and it's a dress with room for a significant pot belly....super disappointed and frustrated in that one.

For the record, I'm 6'1", 195 lbs, athletic build, 34.5 measured waist.

So bottom line, yes, their sizing leaves much to be desired - I've had to order almost every item I have in both L and XL to find which fits, which is extremely costly being in Canada.

OP
C

CRAGGAR

FNG
That has been my experience exactly.Bad enough to dread ordering because i know i will have to mess with shipping some of it back.I didn't think i was only one.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
The sizing has been spot for me. I got the 97 in the other day, so I tried it on today with a 130 under it and a 240 over. Everything fit great. I have no idea how many pieces of Kuiu I have. But everything so far has fit pretty close to where I expected it to.

Btw, that 97 is really warm for how light it is.

Aww jeepers....

I've had the same experience but I've also had it with Sitka and First Lite...not to mention LL Bean, REI, Cabela's and so on. My Alpine pants are quite roomy at 34, but Attacks are just snug there. The large Chinook Jacket is a closer fit than my large Guide Jacket. But...

I just had a Patagonia down sweater vest in large and it was way too big on me...despite the fact I wear a large in every Patagonia piece I own. I ordered a large Arcteryx vest instead and it fits perfectly. Meanwhile, my medium LL Bean 850 down jacket fits me 100% to a T. Sitka Fanatic Lite Bibs are humongus on me in a size large...just about the same dimensions as an XL Fanatic Bib. It's to the point where clothes are like shoes and boots. You buy what actually fits, not what's on the label. How many guys buy their boots online and are totally sure of the fit?