Hunting pants for the short, stocky guy

Hawkeye5964

Lil-Rokslider
I have been looking for new hunting pants, but most things on the market today seem to be for taller, more slender person. I am 5'7'' and 190lbs. I am looking for mid-weight pants for walking in colder weather. Not really worried about price, just that they fit. Thanks for the assistance.

I have been looking for new hunting pants, but most things on the market today seem to be for taller, more slender person. I am 5'7'' and 190lbs. I am looking for mid-weight pants for walking in colder weather. Not really worried about price, just that they fit. Thanks for the assistance.

Define colder weather. In the 20's, below freezing, please be a little bit more specific.

OP
H

Hawkeye5964

Lil-Rokslider
Colder weather would be in the teens and 20's. I don't get cold while moving so heavier cold weather pants made for sitting will be too warm. Thanks.

Fixitman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 5'5" 162lbs and believe me you won't find anything that fits inseam. I just started buying what fits my waist a 32 and having the length cut and resewn I like the Kuiu attack for fit and the side zips are great for venting.

EZDoesit

FNG
Have you looked at Pnuma? I have a pair of their Tenacity pants and really like them. I think up to waist size 36, you can get them in 30 inseam. tenacity's are very comfortable, stretchy and tough. Removable knee pads as well. They also have a soft shell type pant but haven't tried those.

OP
H

Hawkeye5964

Lil-Rokslider
EZDOesit, Thanks for the suggestion. I have not looked at them, but I will. I am a size 36 so we will see.

I'm about the same Size 5,8" 190. I got the Skre hardscrable pants. They were long on me and would go under my boots when hiking especially if damp. I went to hobby lobby and bought a snap installation tool and put snaps on the bottom of my pants and now they stay above my boots.
78f12a12fbc600e56d8ac06bb3fb09ac.jpg
52609807a8fa57a4b0c37007bb311aad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
H

Hawkeye5964

Lil-Rokslider
I just purchased the Nomad Integrator 2.0 wind proof pants in a size large. They are slightly long so I am going to use Can't hit em's idea and add an extra snap to the bottom of the legs so they don't drag on the ground. I will be using these pants in the 3rd and 4th elk season in Colorado this year. Hoping the weather cools down by then, but either way I will let you no how they work out. I like how they fit in the crotch and around the hips although I haven't had them woods yet, I believe they will be comfortable while walking. Thanks for the insight.

Have them shortened. I am rather short legged myself and I get my hunting pants shortened so they don't drag in the mud etc. Cabelas used to do it for free, on the spot while you wait, maybe they still do.