Sitka vs First lite

Sadler

WKR
Ok. I did email them and they do offer a discount to vets and law enforcement as well. Not sure how much though.

I've owned two pairs of guide pants, Kanab 2.0, and Obsidians. All have had issues. The materials seems great but they basically fall apart at the seams. I would not recommend them for any active use. Honesty I'm surprised more guys aren't talking about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ran into the same thing, but have only used one pair of Corrugates. They lasted a few weeks last year before seams started coming out. I wore them and hunted hard but didnt feel I was unfairly rough on them... I'm much rougher on the pants I use for rock and ice climbing... and they hold up for years and years. I havent mentioned it too much, wasnt sure if it was just my pair.. sounds like not.

OP
sfc2140

sfc2140

FNG
So is that 50% discount from Sitka for active duty guys only or does it include vets as well??

I used Leo Adventures and signed up there. Cost me 25 to sign up but well worth it for the savings I just got. I'm not sure on the vet thing. I am a vet too but I still have a .mil address so that helps

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned two pairs of guide pants, Kanab 2.0, and Obsidians. All have had issues. The materials seems great but they basically fall apart at the seams. I would not recommend them for any active use. Honesty I'm surprised more guys aren't talking about this.

What issues have you had with the obsidians?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

This post seems a little fishy! I've owned my fair share of FL pants and have had zero issues with seams falling apart outside of the Gila pants. Did you talk to First Lite?

This post seems a little fishy! I've owned my fair share of FL pants and have had zero issues with seams falling apart outside of the Gila pants. Did you talk to First Lite?

Same here. Nothing but good things to say about the durability of my first Lite pants. Heck, I still have some Kanab 1.0 pants that just won't die.

Lawnboi

WKR
Leo adventures is awesome and good to go through for sitka discount for gov employees. I'm thankful sitka is part of the program.

There's also other good companies on there, I also order from outdoor research regularly, significant % off

Last edited:
OP
sfc2140

sfc2140

FNG
Leo adventures is awesome and good to go through for sitka discount for gov employees. I'm thankful sitka is part of the program.

There's also other good companies on there, I also order from outdoor research regularly, % off

I couldn't agree more, I knew this was going to be an wxpensive year since I don't have much gear and needing to buy pretty much everything. I have used Leoadventures and other programs that offered great discounts. Everything I bought this year has been discounted fairly well. I am very grateful with out these deals I couldn't have gotten all the gear I got.

Last edited:
Not too sure these companies like people talking about the discounts they get. The first rule of prodeals..... :)

I can appreciate you guys talking about the discounts you get but zeroforhire nailed it. Keep quiet about all the perks so others don't lose them. I can see the companies being a bit annoyed that you're flaunting the discount.

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider

I dunno what to say about that man. I hunt from August to November like a lot of you guys and I'm not particularly hard on gear. I've been lurking on this site for years and created an account to reply to this comment specifically. I wanted to give a guy my honest opinion. I did contact First Lite 3 times and they were amazing standing behind their products 100% but still... like I said.... every pair of pant I've owned has had issues.

My corrugates have had a number of times where I thought "Dang it I'm sure i tore it that time" but every time there is no problem. Great durability in my experience.

Lawnboi

WKR
I can appreciate you guys talking about the discounts you get but zeroforhire nailed it. Keep quiet about all the perks so others don't lose them. I can see the companies being a bit annoyed that you're flaunting the discount.

Not at all flaunting. Trying to help out other hunters that may be eligible. Not only did I learn about the discount here at Rokslide, but I also had to pay and be eligible to use it. Just food for thought

Every order I place I leave a thank you note in the comments if I can, thanking the company for supporting first responders

Murdy

WKR
I suspect it depends on the kind of discount. LEO requires an annual fee, they probably want the publicity/increased dues-paying membership. Probably also true for Promotive and the like. Companies that give discounts to veterans probably also don't mind the publicity for taking care of veterans, good PR. Pro-staff type stuff, I suppose, may be different.

Trial153

WKR
under the terms of member conduct...
discount amounts and situations falls under the below terms and conditions regarding member conduct.

~Republish information found in the site without first obtaining written permission from LeoAdventures, LLC

Lawnboi

WKR
under the terms of member conduct...
discount amounts and situations falls under the below terms and conditions regarding member conduct.

~Republish information found in the site without first obtaining written permission from LeoAdventures, LLC

Got it so just can't publish numbers, the companies involved are open to view publicly

Trial153

WKR
in laymens terms you shouldn't be flapping about the amount of the discounts, or anything else found in the members only sections of the website