puffy help

cvsetter

FNG
I'm just about there getting all my gear for my first archery elk hunt.I've been using first lite for last two years whitetail hunting and have been very happy with the items.I thought I was 100% sure on the uncompahgre puffy but have been seeing some really good deals on Sitka Kelvin lite jacket.first lite large fits good from the base layers to my Woodbury but read the first lite runs big so was thinking of a medium.i tried a large Kevin lite a cabelas,fit was a little tighter but not too bad.anybody have experience with either that could help make the decision.

pwsINC

WKR
I'm large in uncompahgre and I'm XL in sitka Jackets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My medium uncompahgre Fits at least as big the large kelvins I've tried on, probably even more roomy.

OP
C

cvsetter

FNG
Which one do you feel is a better all around jacket, compresses better, blocks wind, warmth?

I have the Kelvin lite hoody in large and it fits a bit snugger than some other clothing in large. It will be perfect over a base and light insulation. I also have The cloudburst in Xl which is a little bigger than I expected, but not big enough to be a problem.

I was able to get the kelvin lite to roll up pretty small and mine weighed in at 17 oz in large.

I can't speak to the others but It feels like a realy great piece. I'm looking forward to colder weather.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
IMO.....(and putting my flame suit on now).....

First lite runs a bit big, however when people claim companies run small, I dont believe it.

I normally wear an L or an XL, in first lite I wear an L and have a bit of extra room. I guess my rant begins with a few other companies that I have wasted time and $$$ on by listening to and believing people who claim they run small. Specifacally, there are 2 companies both of which I talked to on the phone, described my weight/height/build and these companies swore up and down id be a 2xl, I tried explaining that IVe never been a 2xl in my life and XL is usually baggy but nope, both companies swore Id need a 2xl.....Reports on the internet talked about how you need to size up....so I did Aaaaannnnnnnddddd......I end up with a bunch of stuff in 2xl thats simply too big to use, like parkas and merino products that make me look like a sailboat because I went with the companies reccomendations of 2xl.

Normally, for most people, this wouldnt be such a big deal, just exchange it, however in my case I simply dont really have that option as I live in the bush and its not really worth paying the price for a USPS flat rate shipping box to exchange something at wait like 2 months to get the new one. It sucks.

Just ranting, but it sucks to read all the reviews, then talk with people from companies and explain you're sizing only to have that conversation fall on deaf ears and then receive something thats the wrong size.

That being said, IMO, first lite runs a bit smaller, luckily sportsmans and bass pro carry it so you may be able to go in and try some stuff on before you buy.