Sitka Timberline pants, how "waterproof" are yours?

cooperjd

WKR
As title says...

My timberlines seem to have lost some of their water resistance this year as compared to last year...or maybe i was just not paying that much attention to them last year...

How waterproof are yours? if you hold them under a faucet how long until your hand inside the legs get wet? couple seconds, 30s, minute...???

Thank you

wildcat33

WKR
If they are the same material as the Mountain Pant (which i think they are), they are not waterproof at all. So under a faucet they are soaked in seconds.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
Only the knees and butt are waterproof, I think the whole pant is DWR treated though

halg

Lil-Rokslider
Wash them in tech wash - regular laundry soap isn't good enough. Right out of the washer, spray the outside really well with Revive-X. Throw in the dryer on high. This will restore the DWR. Actually, I have find that Revive-X gives a better DWR finish than the factory DWR.

wildcat33

WKR
Wash them in tech wash - regular laundry soap isn't good enough. Right out of the washer, spray the outside really well with Revive-X. Throw in the dryer on high. This will restore the DWR. Actually, I have find that Revive-X gives a better DWR finish than the factory DWR.

^good call. I'll have to try that. Ive used the nikwax techwash and it works ok, but Ive never been impressed.

OP
cooperjd

cooperjd

WKR

thank you!
yeah last year when they were new i hunted all day in a drizzling rain and was fine. this year, a light rain and i was instantly soaked. i'll try this and see...