Post Thanks / Like

Sitka Timberline pants, how "waterproof" are yours?

As title says...

My timberlines seem to have lost some of their water resistance this year as compared to last year...or maybe i was just not paying that much attention to them last year...

How waterproof are yours? if you hold them under a faucet how long until your hand inside the legs get wet? couple seconds, 30s, minute...???

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are the same material as the Mountain Pant (which i think they are), they are not waterproof at all. So under a faucet they are soaked in seconds.

3. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only the knees and butt are waterproof, I think the whole pant is DWR treated though

Post Thanks / Like
    Ten minutes wading through dew covered tall grass and I was soaked through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash them in tech wash - regular laundry soap isn't good enough. Right out of the washer, spray the outside really well with Revive-X. Throw in the dryer on high. This will restore the DWR. Actually, I have find that Revive-X gives a better DWR finish than the factory DWR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halg View Post
    Wash them in tech wash - regular laundry soap isn't good enough. Right out of the washer, spray the outside really well with Revive-X. Throw in the dryer on high. This will restore the DWR. Actually, I have find that Revive-X gives a better DWR finish than the factory DWR.
    ^good call. I'll have to try that. Ive used the nikwax techwash and it works ok, but Ive never been impressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halg View Post
    thank you!
    yeah last year when they were new i hunted all day in a drizzling rain and was fine. this year, a light rain and i was instantly soaked. i'll try this and see...