Kuiu Attack Pants

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jmez, I can see them being too much if you have a high thermostat. I wore mine the last week of august and first two weekends of September hunting and scouting. Definitely about their limit as it was warm and dry.

For those interested this weekend in my hunting area is calling for snow and lows in the 20's. These pants are great if you want to cover a broad range of weather with one pair of pants. That forecast is why I bought them, less last minute wardrobe changes.

I'm surprised at the low crotch comment. I had that with my tiburon but my Skre are better. Still a bit short there but just right when bending I don't get the waistband binding into my stomach.

tracker12

WKR
I ran the Attack pants last year. Hands down the most comfortable pants I've owned. But with that said I am back to Sitka pants this year. The Attacks are extremely comfortable but defiantly do not have the durability that Sitka pants have. Others will disagree but this is my experience. I've wore Sitka Ascent pants for multiple years, 30-50 hunt days and they stayed strong. I wore the Attacks on 3 hunts totaling 16 days last year and they were already falling apart at the seems and crotch not to mention the peeling on front lower leg. I've been a Sitka "whore" since 2009 and have never had any of these issues. I will never be the one to bash Kuiu but I had multiple items fall apart last year. I had a peloton shirt come apart at the seems hiking with a pack on last year at the 2 mile mark. Needless to say there is no more Kuiu gear in my set up. Like I said this is just my opinion and experience.

I have had the same experience. I like the Kuiu when the arrived but did not have good luck with durability. Plus the Sitka just fit me better. I have a pair of ascent pants that I have been wearing for the last 10 years and except for some blood stains are still in great shape. When it gets a little cooler my 90% go on.

Ewest15

FNG
I have had the same experience. I like the Kuiu when the arrived but did not have good luck with durability. Plus the Sitka just fit me better. I have a pair of ascent pants that I have been wearing for the last 10 years and except for some blood stains are still in great shape. When it gets a little cooler my 90% go on.
I have sitka pants currently ,but looking to get some kuiu attacks. They look like they will fit well but I am somewhat concerned about peoples comments on durability. Kinda hard to pay for any of these brands of they won't last long.

I have sitka pants currently ,but looking to get some kuiu attacks. They look like they will fit well but I am somewhat concerned about peoples comments on durability. Kinda hard to pay for any of these brands of they won't last long.

Bought in august on here and they were brand new. Used on 2 hunts 3 days each. Back to my Sitkas
def2ec31421a317b54a94ef64873c01b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimss

WKR
I've switched over from Sitka to Kuiu just because of the saggy crotch and poor fit I have with Sitka. The Sitkas have held up amazing but just don't fit my particular body type. I have used and abused both the Tiburons and Guides. The Tiburons are amazing during early season and Guide pretty good for late season. According to the Kuiu website the Guides were a slightly heavier material than the Attacks and according to their comparison table meant for a little colder weather conditons.

I just returned from a Colo muley hunt and I was warm enough while hiking but my legs got a bit chilly but sitting in 30 degree weather glassing. I have 2 additional layers for late season (base layers and rainpants). If it was colder with snow I would likely add another layer. You can obviously add an additional layer with the Attacks. I was hunting antelope in Wyo during mid and late September with Guides and definitely wasn't roasting....was actually about right with the Wyo wind.

With that said if you get overly hot while hiking the Attacks may be better overall option than Guides but if you are like me and generally are "cold blooded" you may want to take a close look at Guides....especially for late season. It's always possible to layer but for late season hunts I would rather be a little warm than cold. If you hunt windy, winter conditions the wind chill factor can be a game changer in your decision.

I've had no problem with my Kuiu holding up. Obviously you don't want hunting clothes that don't last...but Kuiu does have a lifetime guarantee!

Ewest15

FNG
Bought in august on here and they were brand new. Used on 2 hunts 3 days each. Back to my Sitkas
def2ec31421a317b54a94ef64873c01b.jpg

Wow ,sorry to see this. Was hoping for better. I assume you weren't sliding down a rockslide like it was a carnival ride lol

Wow ,sorry to see this. Was hoping for better. I assume you weren't sliding down a rockslide like it was a carnival ride lol

No sliding , just sitting on dirt or rocks glassing same as ive always done

Last edited:

Hondo

WKR
I'd consider the Kuiu Pro pants as an alternative to the Attacks. Fit and comfort feels the same but has the knee pads and a more durable fabric. On the topic of durable fabrics I would agree with Shackdaddy and tracker12's comments on the Sitka Ascent pants. If I had to thin the herd to just 2 pair of pants it would be the Sitka Ascent and Kuiu Pro pants.

I found the opposite fit issue than others. Normally wear a 36, I’m 6’4” 225 but the thighs were too snug. Exchanged them for 38s but the waist is too big but the rest fits good. I decided to just keep them and wore them pretty hard on an elk hunt and they seemed to wear fine, just fit goofy. I’ve been wearing fl couragate guides that fit perfectly in lg long. They’ve worn great over the last couple years as well. I bought a couple kuiu shirts that fit funny too tight shoulders with unusually long sleeves which is never an issue with me since I have long arms, so I don’t think I fit whatever template they size from. I want to like there stuff but just fit strange. I’d only buy one pair of something before buying multiple pairs so you don’t have to exchange a lot like I did. That being said, I’ll wear the attack pants out anyway because I do like the hip vents for warm weather.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
The attack pants are the most comfortable pants that I own. I highly recommend them. I don't think you will find a better all around pair of hunting pants anywhere.

Hntelk

FNG
Love the attack pants … have been wearing them hunting and just everyday wear! The way the fit is what I like best, not your old man long crotch pants for sure!!

I've switched over from Sitka to Kuiu just because of the saggy crotch and poor fit I have with Sitka. The Sitkas have held up amazing but just don't fit my particular body type. I have used and abused both the Tiburons and Guides. The Tiburons are amazing during early season and Guide pretty good for late season. According to the Kuiu website the Guides were a slightly heavier material than the Attacks and according to their comparison table meant for a little colder weather conditons.

I just returned from a Colo muley hunt and I was warm enough while hiking but my legs got a bit chilly but sitting in 30 degree weather glassing. I have 2 additional layers for late season (base layers and rainpants). If it was colder with snow I would likely add another layer. You can obviously add an additional layer with the Attacks. I was hunting antelope in Wyo during mid and late September with Guides and definitely wasn't roasting....was actually about right with the Wyo wind.

With that said if you get overly hot while hiking the Attacks may be better overall option than Guides but if you are like me and generally are "cold blooded" you may want to take a close look at Guides....especially for late season. It's always possible to layer but for late season hunts I would rather be a little warm than cold. If you hunt windy, winter conditions the wind chill factor can be a game changer in your decision.

I've had no problem with my Kuiu holding up. Obviously you don't want hunting clothes that don't last...but Kuiu does have a lifetime guarantee!
Saggy crotch sounds like a personal issue pal 😉

I agree my attacks have been through hell snd back both hunting and working on equipment at work snd still going strong

Jimss

WKR
I’ve heard the same saggy Sitka pant deal from others with the same long leg-skinny frame build as me. Just saying that the saggy crotch deal isn’t a personal problem and was solved by switching to kuiu pants. I really like my Sitka pants but unfortunately they just didn’t fit very well for me.

I’ve heard the same saggy Sitka pant deal from others with the same long leg-skinny frame build as me. Just saying that the saggy crotch deal isn’t a personal problem and was solved by switching to kuiu pants. I really like my Sitka pants but unfortunately they just didn’t fit very well for me.
Just a joke. I love my attacks but $140 a pop is tough to swallow. Have been looking at some of the Sitka pants because I get better pricing but that's unfortunate to hear about the fit.

Jimss

WKR
Kuiu just had a sale but unfortunately it didn't last long. Sometimes you can find discount codes. Also keep an eye on the classified section.