Enlightened Equipment new APEX jacket/vest

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
They look nice and quite customizable just like their quilts. Anyone plan on trying one? I'm considering a vest w/ hood. I wonder what their return policy will be if they don't fit.

fishslap

WKR
I just saw this in an email from EE. They look nice. I really want one but I don't need another jacket right now. I was thinking about getting rid of my Patagonia nano puff that I never wear to try this EE APEX.

bounds

WKR
I just chatted with Rex from EE. That's an incredibly lightweight package at a really low price. Given it's only 2.0oz Apex (65 gram) so it's definitely light.

I'm very cold natured, so I wanted to ask them about a 4.0oz Apex version. He said they are making them to order right now, but they don't have heavier insulation as an option at this point. He was honest and said he wasn't sure why they don't offer that. I told him I'd buy one today if it was offered in 4.0oz.

I'm a size small and the current hooded version with camo exterior comes in at 8.42oz according to them; and it's only $175. In their smallest size apex revelation quilt, the jump from 2.0 to 4.0 apex gives you a 4.79 oz weight increase. I'm guessing there's at least half the total insulation in this jacket than in a quilt, so probably a 2.5 oz weight gain at most. If that's the case the 4.0 oz apex (130 gram) option could come in right around 10oz. With the quilt comparison, you also only pay $10 more to make that jump. So potentially you have a super warm, super light synthetic jacket for $185. That would be incredible.

If you're in my boat and like a warm puffy, let them know you'd like to see that option. He did tell me they heavily rely on customer feedback so hit them up. If nothing else, do it for a Rokslide brother who doesn't like to be cold!

I just chatted with Rex from EE. That's an incredibly lightweight package at a really low price. Given it's only 2.0oz Apex (65 gram) so it's definitely light.

I'm very cold natured, so I wanted to ask them about a 4.0oz Apex version. He said they are making them to order right now, but they don't have heavier insulation as an option at this point. He was honest and said he wasn't sure why they don't offer that. I told him I'd buy one today if it was offered in 4.0oz.

I'm a size small and the current hooded version with camo exterior comes in at 8.42oz according to them; and it's only $175. In their smallest size apex revelation quilt, the jump from 2.0 to 4.0 apex gives you a 4.79 oz weight increase. I'm guessing there's at least half the total insulation in this jacket than in a quilt, so probably a 2.5 oz weight gain at most. If that's the case the 4.0 oz apex (130 gram) option could come in right around 10oz. With the quilt comparison, you also only pay $10 more to make that jump. So potentially you have a super warm, super light synthetic jacket for $185. That would be incredible.

If you're in my boat and like a warm puffy, let them know you'd like to see that option. He did tell me they heavily rely on customer feedback so hit them up. If nothing else, do it for a Rokslide brother who doesn't like to be cold!

I had the same inquiry a week ago. It's not enough insulation for me to be interested.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep I am definitely also ordering one. Looks awesome you cannot beat the weight on these.