Rain paints for 34x30

oguruma

FNG
My usual pant size is 34x30. It looks like any of the rain pants I have looked at would be too long for my waist size. And, since they have zippers near the ankles, I can't exactly have them hemmed.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Bynumlife

Lil-Rokslider
My usual pant size is 34x30. It looks like any of the rain pants I have looked at would be too long for my waist size. And, since they have zippers near the ankles, I can't exactly have them hemmed.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I'm a 33X31.... but buy 34x32's. What I've gone with is the firstlite stormtight pant with suspenders and works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O

oguruma

FNG
Tuck them in a gaiter, protects the pants and keeps bunching to a minimum, plus more protection from saturation from brush

You know, I never thought of that...

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the First Lite Stormtight jacket and pants. Has anybody heard of an issue with them leaking due to the full-length zipper ont he pants?

Bynumlife

Lil-Rokslider
You know, I never thought of that...

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the First Lite Stormtight jacket and pants. Has anybody heard of an issue with them leaking due to the full-length zipper ont he pants?

No issues with leaks yet. I'd recommend a quality wicking base layer or you'll sweat will make you wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use wader pant guards or wader gravel guards. Both are cheap and light but will keep your pant legs up and out of the way.

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
I also wear a 34x30 in most pants. I ordered the Sitka Cloudburst in large/regular...and they work just fine.