Sitka whitetail system question

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Those of you that whitetail hunt which do you prefer the stratus pants or the fanatic lite bib. Looking to pick up one of these for late season when temps are 20-40 and will layer accordingly for the lower temps.

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
I would get the Stratus since it is windproof. I dont really understand the purpose of the fanatic lite since its not windproof. They need to bring back the stratus bibs.....but Sitka likes to play marketing games to get you to buy multiple items.

Trial153

WKR
the fanatic lite bibs suck. they aren't windproof and they are very heavy for the warmth they provide. I really think you can use the equinaox pants and the status pants and between them and layers they will get you 95% of your whitetail hunting in the lower 48. I have also had the fanatic bibs and incinerator bibs as well.

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Outdoor Research Primaloft pants that I wear under my Stratus pants when it gets cold.....works great.

Btaylor

WKR
the fanatic lite bibs suck. they aren't windproof and they are very heavy for the warmth they provide. I really think you can use the equinaox pants and the status pants and between them and layers they will get you 95% of your whitetail hunting in the lower 48. I have also had the fanatic bibs and incinerator bibs as well.

this year is my first experience with Sitka and bought the equinox pants and jacket along with a core lw hoody. Ran that for turkey season and opening week of CO elk. Jam up good outfit for low forties to eighty on an active hunt. heavy base layers should get it to forty for treestand sits and would take it even lower for for active hunts.

Squirrels

WKR
Fanatic lite are worthless. Get the stratus and add the Fanatic bibs down the road for when it gets bitter cold if you even find the need to do so. If they made a stratus bib that would be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthT

FNG
I would say stratus for sure, fanatic lite is just like anyother softshell. No real point. Needs to be closer to 20s for the regular fanatic. Stratus is hard to beat esp with just a little layering.

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the information. What about using them for spot and stalk? Do they breath well or will I sweat my ass off?

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I love the Stratus on top but sold the pants due to all the stickers, burrs, beggars lice around here. My "go-to" system now mostly has Kuiu Guide pants on bottom with Stratus on top. Kryptec Anorak with down puffy underneath and FL bibs when it gets real cold.