Sitka Storm vs Coldfronts

I need a pair of waterproof pants for snow and rain, price not being an issue.
Basically I don't really use rain pants unless it's also really cold or I'll be out in it for extended periods of time like a backpack hunt. Or the snow is really deep and cold.

But last week here in Western Montana sucked lol! Between the really heavy rain, then sleet then wet snow, it was tough to be comfortable.

I see there's a pound difference between the two... Anyone packing in their Coldfronts? Honestly I think it would e worth it to be warm and dry...

Mainly just Montana elk then sitting on the Hi-Line for whitetails in November and waterfowl in December/January.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jherald

WKR
The coldfront set is tough, and being that it has a micro fleece backer its extremely warm. It's a bit much when youre really moving but I would wear a midlayer alone under it, then throw on something else under it if I had to really sit still for a long time.

It's got a softshell face fabric that makes it burly tough. Tough enough for Kodiak salmonberry bushes, alders, willows, devils club, glacial moraine, scree whatever.

The new version doesnt have pit zips but honestly I always found that a leaking point for water to get in on any piece of high end rain gear from whatever manufacturer it came from if it had pit zips. It's a super tough set and it's cut on the bigger side. I wear mostly medium in Sitka and I got a medium set. Layering under it is no big issue for the cold. I would recommend it for what you are looking at doing.