Recommendations on ASAT alternatives?

Aculous

FNG
I read too much.

That being said from what I can gather for Elk breakup camo works better which led me to ASAT camo instead of the realtree stuff I have.

Does anyone have experience with the cheaper ASAT alternatives? I have only found 1 or 2 companies that offer it other than first lite. I care about something that is water/wind resistant and quiet, looking for a hooded outer layer jacket and pants.

LostArra

WKR
You might consider the ASAT leafy suit then you can wear whatever hunting clothes you have for the conditions at the time.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few ASAT brand items; some old classic series pants, essential pant, and lightweight bowhunter jacket. They are okay, nothing like the First Lite stuff of which I have a bunch of. The jacket in a fleece soft shell like, I wore it a lot gun hunting in NH & ME last Nov with a couple layers under it and was pretty much good down to mid thirties or so. The essential pant I don't wear much as the sizing was on the big side. Out west I wear nothing but my First Lite stuff and when colder here at home I have a Woodbury jacket that is great. As for "breakup" style camo and cheaper alternatives to First Lite; look at some Predator camo and even Multicam. I just got back from a hunt in CO and noted to myself that my military Multicam stuff would be a fine camo pattern pretty much everywhere there. And I have the ASAT leafy suit that I wear exclusively for treestand hunting and love; don't like it on the ground as it catches lots of stuff when walking.

OP
A

Aculous

FNG
roger that. Yea I am looking at some surplus and multicam stuff now. Yea I was going back and forth since I think for spot and stalk its probably not going to matter with a rifle.

Columbia Gallatin wool is similar in breakup to ASAT. I actually just got rid of mine because I got smaller and it doesn't block the wind enough.

Sites-Columbia_US-Site

You can sometimes find good deals on classifieds and Ebay

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited: