Bitter Cold Women's Gear

treillw

WKR
Looking for pants and a jacket for my wife that is as warm as possible. It will be used in January and February in Montana. The pants need to be good for snow. Everything needs to stop screaming winds. Being waterproof is a big plus.

I've been looking for bibs with insulation and gore-tex, but it doesn't seem like anybody makes them anymore. In general, I'm not seeing warm winter clothes with gore-tex. Is there a reason for this? "New technology"? All my clothes are older and have this setup.

I like that my items are waterproof and warm in one product and I don't need two $300 jackets to achieve the same thing.

Do puffy jackets alone stop wind?? I'm totally out of the loop on how these setups are supposed to work. Suggestions on good places to read up?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

My girlfriend wears a mens' Kryptek Aquillo and then layers a Kryptek Koldo rain jacket (both men's small) over the top if it's really cold or precipitating. She also has a number of women's merino wool layering pieces from First Lite and a pair of First Lite Altruras pants and Kryptek Valhalla pants.

I believe Sitka makes a bib that's gore-tex plus insulation in there whitetail line. If you didn't mind not going with hunting clothing company. Klim snowmobiling gear makes seriously the best Insulated gore bibs for women. But they are super hot if your being active! Puffy jackets I don't think will stop the wind alone, you'd probably need two coats if you were to go that route. The puff + a outer layer. I prefer to have my outer layer separate from my insulation because if you get too warm you can always shed the insulation layer where if there built in your stuck with that set up.

In my past life as a snowmobiler, I sold all my "insulated" gear because I was always too hot even when it was really cold out. I wanted to be in better control of my body temperature. When we were being really active, I'd always shed the insulation layer and just opted for the base + the outer shell. But when you get cold it's nice to have the puffy in your reserves to throw on. Just my two cents, I'd keep the insulation and outer jacket separate but always still wear your base layers regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Sitka blizzard series. Or non hunting ice armor it is for ice fishing and i fish alot in sub zero windy days never cold or wet it is loud though