Does this Kuiu setup work for mid season elk nevada/CO

I will be traveling to NZ for Red stag in 6 months and am starting to plan a trip for NM elk for the following year. I am wanting to buy a layering system and am wanting something from KUIU based on price, reviews, and durability (don't really wanna buy another significant piece for years if possible). My bottom layers are covered and am wondering if this setup will get me through most NM/CO conditions

PELOTON 97 ZIP-T HOODIE-->INSULATED SNAP SHIRT-->PELOTON 240 FULL ZIP-->KENAI HOODED INSULATED JACKET

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
When you say "mid season" are you referring to mid season archery?

I prefer a decent setup for comfort regardless of whose name is on the pieces. However, I would easily say that the most expensive piece of clothing gear I wear is my KUIU gaiters......and it's not even close.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need a shell over the kenai for heavy rain, wind, brush and rock protection. Otherwise that should get you through most of Colorado weather.

I hunted NZ a couple years ago during first 2 weeks of May. I wore a 125, 210 and guide vest most days. In snow/wet weather I broke out the chugach. I wore super down while stationary. I didn't have the Kenai at the time but would wear today in lieu of the SD due to the dampness. Also didn't have the peleton 240 at the time but would wear in lieu of the 210 and vest today. As others have said outside of a shell you are good to go. Good luck - you will love it. PM if you have any specific questions.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04