Sitka hoodies

92xj

WKR
Does anyone have experience with the Dakota hoodie and the traverse cold weather hoodie? How do they compare?
A local store has the Traverse, which I have tried on and like but the Dakota hoodie is also an interest for me. Waterfowl hunting will be the main usage, though I don't care about pattern, since they done have the Travers in waterowl. Just curious if the Dakota fits the same, feels and same and is as warm. The Traverse just plan feels good on the body and hoping the Dakota feels the same.

Dakota is heavier, shorter rear cut, and doesn't breath as wel, but a whole lot warmer
Graidient would be a closer comparison to traverse

If you make long runs on a boat or hunt big water shorelines the Dakota's wind blocker will make a big difference.

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
Thanks!
Do you happen to have experience with the dakota jacket as well?
I will be making long boat runs and hunting big river water, as well as laying in fields. single digits, wind and snow are the norm.

Thanks!
Do you happen to have experience with the dakota jacket as well?
I will be making long boat runs and hunting big river water, as well as laying in fields. single digits, wind and snow are the norm.

No just pullover, great unless you hike a long ways then you will get sweating badly

Dakota is more of a soft shell material where as the travese/graidet is more of really stretchy hoodie type

I mainly duck hunt the TX coast so I make long runs. It works perfect for that

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
i love my Dakota hoody really cuts down on the wind and some pretty good warmth too

Nvlendy

FNG
I definitely agree with these guys on the wind cutting abilities of the Dakota hoodie. I used one last season and it worked great, but it's pretty annoying how short and blousy it is.