Just a friendly reminder.....secure your velcro

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well,

Yesterday I went out for a nice day of spruce grouse hunting with my wife, we hiked ~ 8 miles mostly on a logging road but with some side trips into the tundra and forests. We had a nice day but in the end came up empty handed.

I had decided to just carry my kifaru native lid as a daypack since It wasn't a serious adventure. The waist belt has these velcro strips that are used to secure the tails of the straps, you sort of roll them up and it keeps the excess strap nice and tidy.

Well velcro obviously has a soft side and a sharp side, on the left side of the pack, the sharp side was out. I noticed nothing on the trip but when I got back my wife asked what happened to my clothes...

That velcro absolutely shredded a brand new pair of Kuiu attack pants as well as a brand new peloton 240 full zip jacket, I mean shredded, completely shredded. The garments are ruined.

It took me a minute of sitting there trying to figure out what happened then I went and looked at the pack....yup. 300 dollars of brand new gear down the drain because of a piece of velcro.

Not sure weather to rage or cry but **** that's dissapointing. Pants I can live with, I go through hunting pants fairly quickly anyways but the jacket...damn. I have no issue with honest wear but for something like this to happen just burns.

Anybody else ever had something like that happen?.

Last edited:
wow that is awful- sorry to hear that.
I always use the retainer Velcro straps, cause my AMR bag has like 143,279,000 straps on it and it gets messy if I don't.
I also never wear fleece type of clothing, mine are all FL synth type so it wouldn't be an issue.
I don't come on this thread to add insight but to simply share your frustration.

I never would've thought about this as a problem.
Thanks for highlighting it and sorry you had to.........

wow that is awful- sorry to hear that.
I always use the retainer Velcro straps, cause my AMR bag has like 143,279,000 straps on it...

Haha That count seems accurate! Love the pack but it also gets a bit old...

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk