Sitka Kelvin Lite pant....windproof?

Davebuech

WKR
I am thinking of getting a pair of Kelvin Lite pants for those colder glassing sessions and to slip on while in a stand predator hunting late season.

For those of you who have em. Are they windproof? Warm??

Thanks

Dave

KurtR

WKR
no it will cut it a little i would assume but it is not wind proof. Sitka will list on their web site what is wind proof

Cgeb

WKR
I have a pair - haven't used them other than trying them on. I don't believe they are windproof, but would appear to be very warm. Not sure about the others here, but I bought mine a size up to make them easier to pull over my other clothes. I don't see me walking/hiking much I them too hot, so if they are a little loose it just make it easier on/off.

Sorry just saw your talking Kelvin lite, mine are Kelvin, might have to take what I wrote with a grain of salt. I think in general the lite versions are lighter, but sacrifice a little warmth.

OP
Davebuech

Davebuech

WKR
Thanks for your reply. I didnt know that they made a non Lite version.

Yeah, I definitely won't be hiking with these on. I usually carry a wobble and wrap up in that when sitting, but thought pants might be a better option.

I have a pair - haven't used them other than trying them on. I don't believe they are windproof, but would appear to be very warm. Not sure about the others here, but I bought mine a size up to make them easier to pull over my other clothes. I don't see me walking/hiking much I them too hot, so if they are a little loose it just make it easier on/off.

Sorry just saw your talking Kelvin lite, mine are Kelvin, might have to take what I wrote with a grain of salt. I think in general the lite versions are lighter, but sacrifice a little warmth.

I'm not even sure what version I have but I bought the ones off camofire for sub $100. The face fabric is substantial so they should be somewhat wind resistant but definitely don't have a wind membrane in them. They are heavier than I'd like to pack on a backpack hunt but will work for glassing relatively near the truck/trailhead.

They do not have gore windstopper in them, but yes, they break the wind a little. For October on I wear Timberline pants which cut the wind pretty well. If I am planning on a cold morning sit, I pack the puffy kelvin pants with me to pull on over everything. With temp's and either sunshine or no sunshine my setup changes a little, but wearing gaiters, timberline pants, some FL boxers that go almost down to my knees on my thighs, and the sitka kelvin pants over the top, oh, and a sitting pad is a must, I can sit for 2-3 hours on a glassing peak in single digits and low teens pretty comfortably.

OP
Davebuech

Davebuech

WKR
Thanks for your input.
I will probably wear Mountain or Attack pants under them so sounds like they will do the job effectively. How small do they pack up? Smaller than the wobble? Somewhat water resistant? Finally how is the sizing?

They do not have gore windstopper in them, but yes, they break the wind a little. For October on I wear Timberline pants which cut the wind pretty well. If I am planning on a cold morning sit, I pack the puffy kelvin pants with me to pull on over everything. With temp's and either sunshine or no sunshine my setup changes a little, but wearing gaiters, timberline pants, some FL boxers that go almost down to my knees on my thighs, and the sitka kelvin pants over the top, oh, and a sitting pad is a must, I can sit for 2-3 hours on a glassing peak in single digits and low teens pretty comfortably.