Is Kryptek going under?

Titan_Bow

WKR
I started buying Kryptek stuff several years ago, mainly because I'm a vet, and I liked the idea of a vet owned company. There were several pieces that have been pretty good to me; merino base layers, Koldo rain gear, Valhalla pants, Vellus Fleece.. I noticed a couple years ago, the local stores Sportsmans Warehouse and Jax began carrying it. However, I noticed this year that its been pulled from both stores. Anyone have the inside scoop? Is Kryptek hurting from a retail standpoint? Seems like they are doubling down on the Altitude line, and selling the rights to their patterns alot more, but I dont seem to hear much chatter about them like I did a few years ago?

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
I saw their stuff at Scheels for the first time this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colonel00

WKR
I've seen Kryptek at SW here recently. They did pull out of Cabela's a few years ago though. To me, it seems they are more about selling their camo pattern to other brands and letting them produce the clothing. There is a fishing company that makes clothing in several Kryptek patterns (can't remember their name off hand) and I've seen a few companies making hunting clothing in Kryptek patterns.

dotman

WKR
Kryptek has always been about collecting royalties from others but I have a feeling online sales are better then retail, especially when they have a sale.

Academy Sports here in TX just started selling it last year. The wall cleared out pretty quick. I loved actually being able to try stuff on and check it out in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Scheels is about the only place in Colorado I know that has it.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
They were on Eastman's Elevated Podcast in Aug: episode 53
Sounded like they were doing fine and coming out with some more stuff for next year.