Beyond Clothing (or any other ECW gear)

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hi all,

Is anybody using anything from Beyond or any of the other military contract ECW pieces? I recentely ended up with a beyond gear Level 7 jacket and it seems pretty cool.

Anybody else like the ECW stuff??? hate it???

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I love beyond gear. I have a bunch of their Poly shirts that I wear all the time. Its Legit. Highly recommend their gear.

Twigg

FNG
As a active duty Army guy, the two pieces of cold weather gear that I use the most on or off duty is the silk weight top and bottom or the “waffle” top and bottom prices. They are, to me the best things the Army has ever issued clothing wise. I’ve never had to use the level 7 “marshmallow” jacket, so cant speak much on it. But some guys really like it that have. The silks and mid weight waffle top keeps me warm enough in Colorado and my year in Korea.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah the level 7 "marshmellow" jacket seems really awesome but for me its probably too baggy to be of any real use. I ended up with it in a trade so its the only piece I have from beyond gear. I know its made to be the last part in a layering system but I just can't see much of a use for it.

I went out and glassed with it yesterday, it was nice and warm just not what I really need.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Hi all,

Is anybody using anything from Beyond or any of the other military contract ECW pieces? I recentely ended up with a beyond gear Level 7 jacket and it seems pretty cool.

Anybody else like the ECW stuff??? hate it???

Have used/do use the PCU and ECWS items all the time. The waffle top is probably the most used clothing item from any manufacturer that gets worn where I work.

As for Beyond- they build the ECWS systems to a spec. They'll be slight differences between manufactures, but they are functionally the same.

I hunt late season and I hate wearing multiple layers. I also sweat quickly and do not like being wet, but I want to be completely warm when I stop. From 0-40 degrees I will wear at most a silk weight base layer and outer layer for pants (usually a really light softshell, or synthetic quick drying pant, though I have been wearing FL Kanabs this year), that way I do not get soaked while moving, and then when I stop I throw the puff jacket and pants on. Works great.

So whether it is a PCU puffy or someone else's- I use them all the time.

adamm88

WKR
I have a pair if level 7 puffy pants and level 5 soft shell pants made by patigonia. The level 7 pants i only wore once last year in 15 degree weather while playing in the snow with my son, they worked great i cant wait to try them on a cold day in the stand. The level 5 pants are great, light weights breathable and seem to be durable. It was a great buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk