Need some help rounding out my layering system

ks.snow

FNG
So I'm looking into getting a few more things to add to my layering system. Mostly for later season high country MD hunts.
This is what I have right now.

Kuiu ULTRA merino 145 zip-T
Kuiu ULTRA merino 210 Hoodie
Eddie Bauer CirrusLite Down Jacket
Kuiu Guide Vest
Kuiu Chugach Jacket

Kuiu Ulta merino 145 Zip off bottom
Kuiu Attack Pants
Kuiu Guide Pants

Kifiaru Woobie

Now what I am considering is either replacing the Eddie Bauer with the first lite uncompahgre puffy or keeping it and getting the sawtooth hybrid jacket. Any opinions on the two or something different would be greatly appreciated!

OP
K

ks.snow

FNG
Another thing to point out is I bowhunt. Sometimes im walking through the timber spot and stalk hunting so it needs to be fairly quite. That make me lean more towards the sawtooth jacket since I can use it as an outer layer in the cold weather when its dry where I think the uncompahgre might be too loud. Thoughts or opinions?

I've shot deer 10 yards away in treestands with my uncompahgre on. It's not silent, but it's nothing that can't be overcome with slow movements. The sawtooth would be more quiet, but it is not near as warm.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is your eb cirrus not warm enough or too loud? Have you thought about replacing the guide vest with an insulated vest? Sometimes I use a down vest over a shirt or two for core warmth but it’s also quieter since you don’t have sleeves rubbing against it. Gives a nice boost when worn with a insulated jacket too.

OP
K

ks.snow

FNG
I find the EB cirrus to be somewhat warm, but its pretty thin. Would either like something thicker or go with the sawtooth as another layer.