Need to replace my Sitka ascent pant

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Geez whatever happened to the day when we had three pants to choose from and we wrote a check and put it in a envelope with a order form and waited 8 weeks for our gear?! Crap now buying pants is like picking out deodorant!!

Oh, it’s not just pants

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
the microtex light is comparable weight however when I tried them on they were cut like garbage bags, and is am not a fan of an athletic fit in pants. they were beyond baggy

Comparable weight? Now I need to go over and check them out again, because these Ascents were nowhere near as thin as my Microtex, let alone my Microtex Lite. Maybe that's why they are 50% off???????

Odd on the fit you mention. My Microtex Lites fit great, and at 6'6" 215 I'm skinny. The pants themselves are tall and lean, but nowhere near the new skinny jean fit that so many love.

matthewmt

WKR
Eddie Bauer guide pro is thin and stretch well. Find them on sale for 40$ quite often.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Ascent is tough to beat. The only one better is the Mountain Pant which is thicker, just as stretchy and breathable. I’ve tried all of the Kuiu’s... Alpine, Tiburion, Attack,... they have cool features like lots of zip pockets, ventilation zips, etc bit the fit is not quite as comfortable as the Sitka’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year's ascents were lighter than attacks but attacks run as cool or cooler with hip vents open making therm a better option for a range of conditions IMO. This year's ascents are really thin.

I didn't like how tight corrugate guide pants fit around the ankle and some stitching let out in the crotch right away in mine.

tracker12

WKR
I just bought a pair of the old model ascent to replace my 10 year old pair. Tuff to find a better pant. The Prana's and pretty nice but they don't have the nice pocket configuration.

Mannsbuick

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a pair of the old model ascent to replace my 10 year old pair. Tuff to find a better pant. The Prana's and pretty nice but they don't have the nice pocket configuration.
HEY! I know this is an old thread, but can you Please send me a picture of the manufacture Tags, Style/Model # tags and or fabric/material tags of your Sitka Ascent Pants..the ones you bought to replace your 10-12 year old pair?? They have changed the cut, style and material over the years and I want the same ones you have lol Thanks for your time I really appreciate it!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a 36T pair of the old style Ascent pants for sale in Open Country. I don't think I ever hunted in them at all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have two pair of the Ascents and loved them, then I got two pair of Timberlines. Once I wore the Timberlines, the Ascents are doing back-up duty just in case something happens to my Timberlines.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, try a pair of Timberlines.

Last edited:

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Been wearing my Sitka ascent pant for a longggg time. Finally tore them up and melted them while drying them with a lantern. Lol. I want a pant as similar as possible but not going to spend hundreds to test them all. Input from
You guys would be helpfull. Looked at first lite corrugated pant, kuiu attack I think, mammut? What’s gonna be the closest to what I had?
The old style Ascent are kind of similar to the old 90% pant now the new Ascent are really light weight and I mean half the weight of the old style now what is very similar to the old style is sitka's new traverse pant very similar in weight and feel I would look into those and see what you think. If you have any questions feel free to call i can give you a run down of all the pants that are out there that sitkas has and what may work for you

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
The new Kutana pants from Kuiu are pretty bad ass! Light weight & the seam tough as nails. They are much lighter than attack pants. They are stretchy too.

Kostrize

WKR
Another vote for the Kutanas. They’re heavier than the new Ascents so probably fit into the range of what you’re looking for temperature and durability wise. Hip vents just set them apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the new traverse. Like the pants a lot but haven’t hunted them yet.