Kuiu Attack pants

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Prana is weird on their size chart - if you read, they say measure your actual waist and then subtract 2” for the size. I’ve found this to be true. Prana will be tighter in the quads than the Kuiu attack. FWIW, between those two pants I’m covered year round for the mountains, both are top notch fabrics. I beat the crap out of those Zion’s, super tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
I bought Zions because of the reviews from this site. I like them for the most part. My main hangup is the lack of belt loops and the tight quad fit. I wore them in WY deer hunting this year and loved them, except for the issues mentioned. I was wondering if the Attack pants addressed any of these issues.

Thanks for the responses so far.

They fit about the same for me in size 34. I have beat the hell out of Pranas without them showing much sign of wear. Attacks pants tend to get snags and pulls in the material a lot. Attacks are heavier material too.

boom

WKR
They fit about the same for me in size 34. I have beat the hell out of Pranas without them showing much sign of wear. Attacks pants tend to get snags and pulls in the material a lot. Attacks are heavier material too.

This exactly^. The attack are a bit baggier.

And my Zion’s have belt loops.

tracker12

WKR

+2
I hated the way the Attacks snagged. Sold them. Really liking the Pranas

WKR
Actually liking the attacks I ordered this year. Never used any of their stuff before. Didn't think I'd appreciate them as much as I do, wearing the hell out of them this season, we'll see how they hold up.

Wish they came with suspender tabs but that was an easy fix.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TravKatQ

WKR
Wore both the past couple years and am a 34 in both but felt the attacks were better fit than the Prana for sure. Felt like the pranas were tighter in the quads and the length options never fit me just right. Also the pranas were a bit noisier to me and the attack’s are heavier which suited me for wearing them into winter just fine.

Netherman

WKR
Prana is weird on their size chart - if you read, they say measure your actual waist and then subtract 2” for the size. I’ve found this to be true. Prana will be tighter in the quads than the Kuiu attack. FWIW, between those two pants I’m covered year round for the mountains, both are top notch fabrics. I beat the crap out of those Zion’s, super tough.

I have both in 34s and agree with all of the above. The waist adjuster on the zions is cranked and feels about as roomy as the attacks.

If you have fat legs like me I'd stick with the same size and just use the waist adjuster. Otherwise I'd probably size down from the attacks.

Nick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I like the Prana fit and fabric better, (I liked them more before they changed sizing forms,m,l,xl) but did really like the attach side zips.

Attack pants are great in my opinion. I wear a pair of gray ones from 2011 or 12 all the time as soon as it gets cold. Holding up well yet. My hunting camo versions have held up well too. Stay out of the blackberries and cat claw though. I buy the same size as blue jeans and like the fit, pockets, etc

Last edited:
OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
I guess I'll be looking to add belt loops to the Zions and taking that useless belt tag thingy off and just dealing with their other issues.

Thanks

JWP58

WKR
Attack pants are great I’m my opinion. I wear a pair of gray ones from 2011 or 12 all the time as soon as it gets cold. Holding up well yet. My hunting camo versions have held up well too. Stay out of the blackberries and cat claw though. I buy the same size as blue jeans and like the fit, pockets, etc

Same here. I have a brown pair I got in 2012. I wear them while hunting pheasant, sharptail, chukar, antelope, deer, elk, and aoudad. Pretty much on every hunt. This year they are finally showing their age.

boom

WKR
i have a pair of gray Attack..but in 36. i swim in them. they are on the large size for sure.

i wear them for work when i expect to get wet from rain. they are getting snagged some..but whatever. i guy that didnt like them GAVE them to me for free.

I agree with everything above. 34 in both. Prana's are just a bit tighter in the quads. I wear the zions all the time. Didn't wear them hunting this year, but they are great. I have two pairs of attacks and love how they fit.

Actually forgot about the "Pit zips" for about half the week this year. Open those up and they loosen up a bit too.