Tall clothing

Conroy

WKR
I am having a heck of a time finding clothes that fit me. I can’t find base layers or outer wear. My inseam is 36-38” so pants are impossible. Shirts and coats ride up when I move around or stretch. Does anyone here have a recommendation?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
What's your waist size?

Base layers are tough. Minus 33 makes a Tall in their medium weight base bottoms, but not in their light weight. My Cabela's Tall merino bottoms gave up last year after using them since 2007, and everything else I've tried rides around my calves.

oenanthe

WKR
You might want to try milsurp ECWCS and PCU clothing. You can find it on ebay. There are long sizes available for all the components.
Level 1 and Level 2 are base layers (light and heavy, respectively).

OP
C

Conroy

WKR
I even have a hard time finding regular clothes sometimes. I have a 36” waist and weigh 250 lbs so I need just tall, not big and tall. I’ll take a look at the places you guys suggested.

First lite makes tall sizes and fit great for me. I'm 6"5', 36" waist. They're expensive but I'll happily pay it for something that actually fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

264win

WKR
i wear 36x36 pants and also find most hunting pants to be short on me, even the so called long or tall sizes.
My solution was to get a good pair of gaiters and not worry much about the length of my pants. I find this works very well for me

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
First lites tall clothing will fit you great. I have the same problem as you and have been very please with the first lite fit.

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
Duluth Trading Company makes a great base layer set up. I'm in the 6'5" club as well and I've found their long johns are plenty warm, breathable, and don't stink after a week in them plus they are super light weight. As far as outer layers, I've found the First Lite tall sizes and King's Camo work for fit and utility. One's a little more expensive than the other so if you're on a budget give King's a try.

MP.hunter

FNG
I am 6’6” and wore Kryptek Dalibor2 pants, they were they best I have hunted in in terms of fit. I wore them 18 days in the field and will most likely be ordering more. The First Lite pants are nice but a tad short, more like a 35” inseam where Kryptek is longer.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wore the very short FL Allegheny merino base bottoms last year and this year some, but I always thought they were the merino weight of the Llano's. Now I see that they are actually 230gm, so I went ahead and ordered a couple pair of the Minus 33 medium weight Tall bottoms which are also 230gm since they don't make their lightweight in a Tall. I'll see how they are.

RANGER3BN

FNG
I am 6’6” and wore Kryptek Dalibor2 pants, they were they best I have hunted in in terms of fit. I wore them 18 days in the field and will most likely be ordering more. The First Lite pants are nice but a tad short, more like a 35” inseam where Kryptek is longer.

My experience as well with the Kryptek Alaios Pant. I have used them successfully for both Montana elk and Ohio whitetail.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
One thing I've found on a lot of the newer pants is you have to look to see how the pants are made to get an accurate picture of how long they'll be. Seems the new trend is to make women's pants for men, where they take 3" off the rise length (top of waist to the crotch) and say they have a 36" inseam. That's the equivalent of a normal pant with a 33" inseam, which is now not only way short.....but also tight as heck in the crotch.