ASAT being discontinued?

mcseal2

WKR
I just got a ASAT Seak rain jacket for the moose hunt next year on the sale. It might not be the perfect pattern for the moose hunt, but I liked the price and it works darn well in the prairie grass I hunt in around home too. My camo never matches because I get it all on sales like this, quality gear at a good price.

I do like ASAT as well as most patterns. I like ASAT, Kryptek Highlander, and Mossy Oak brush as well as any I've tried for the places I hunt. I often have a mix of the 3 on when hunting.

In fairness to FL, they waited until most of the folks have already purchased their hunting gear for 2017. We are right at Nov's door. At least the ones who aren't procrastinating that is.
I got an email notifying me of this a week ago I believe from BO, and then again from FL direct.
I looked at getting some stuff, but didn't need anything they had in my size.

I had already switched to Fusion/Cipher the beginning/middle of this year.
But I retained all of my ASAT pattern stuff.

I think the technology in the ASAT pattern is great, but feel the same about the Cipher/Fusion.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've seen them in all sizes, just have to look at big vendors as well as first lite. MidwayUSA has a ton of pants in ASAT with sizes from S-2XL instock, they have the same sale prices and free shipping.

The email did say sale would be on through their vendors as well so I didn't even checkout first lites website as they and the smaller vendors are always sold out of my size fast come sale time.
I keep up with every damn vendor that sells their stuff and it's the same ol story. Heck, I used to be a dealer for them. You had to make sure you got exactly what you wanted on your initial order or you were SOL until the next season. I've moved on from FL other than what base layers I still have. Their lack of durability was the final straw. They do support the public land hunter, and I appreciate that, but they aren't the only ones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I keep up with every damn vendor that sells their stuff and it's the same ol story. Heck, I used to be a dealer for them. You had to make sure you got exactly what you wanted on your initial order or you were SOL until the next season. I've moved on from FL other than what base layers I still have. Their lack of durability was the final straw. They do support the public land hunter, and I appreciate that, but they aren't the only ones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ok, well your displeasure doesn't change anything with current availability, ASAT is instock in pretty much all sizes at Midway for a great price.

jm1607

WKR
With ASAT out of the lineup I'll probably only buy from FL very rarely.. Like if they come out with something new that's just mind blowing and just live with Cipher I guess.. But really not planning on it.. I really can't stand any of their patterns besides ASAT.. To me ASAT was one of the reasons that put me over the edge buying FL gear.. I can't stand Kuiu or Sitka patterns, they make me want to throw up on myself..

I REALLY like the Braken camo pattern. Looks very old school and has almost an ASAT vibe to it (imo).. I'm hoping their 2018 lineup looks good and expands on their current lineup.. I could mismatch some pieces with my ASAT

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I don't like looking at ASAT!

Real hunters wear solids!

..... As the world turns.......

Last edited:

herd90

Lil-Rokslider
Pisses me off..I like it. Game could care less mostly. Hope someone else picks it up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
All the clothing companies are going to their exclusive proprietary camp partners. How else are other hunters to know which squad you roll with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
I read pine is discontinued to. Where is the outrage
LOL, I bought more pine than ASAT today. The couple asat items I wanted we're down to SM and XXXL.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seemed pretty popular to me. I like it and found it effective but oh well I guess. It was never in stock in my size.

mcseal2

WKR
I guess I never learned camo should match. ASAT, Kryptek Highlander, or Mossy Oak Brush are my favorites. Cabelas Outfitter or many other similar patterns were always good enough for me also. The hardest it ever was for me to see my hunting buddies or for them to see me was when we had a jacket of one pattern with a vest of another over top of it. If that broke up the outline to human eyes I bet it also did for critters eyes. No camo hides movement and all hunters move, so that is a separate issue and based more off hunter ability than camo effectiveness.

OP
William Hanson (live2hunt)

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't mean for this to turn into a firstlite bash. They're still a great company and I'll still buy from them.

Live2hunt custom shelters

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Great opportunity for me to pick up some rain gear that I really needed at a great price. Just wish I wasn’t a fat guy. Size selection was a drag.

Most of my gear is ASAT...Personally I think it is ugly, but effective. More and more pattern choice is less of a concern. Comfort keeps me in the field longer and that improves my chances more than anything. Have moved most of my base layers to solids. Was disappointed that I couldn’t get some Pine base-layers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
Midway only has it on sale for 25% off :(

Midway is terrible, can't stand their pricing.

Also they rejected my order after they had some system error that took off more price than it should have with no notification or coupon code to make amends.