Kuiu Attack style change?

I have a couple pairs of the Attacks from 2013. They have the ripstop grid stitching on the outside. I love them. I was looking at the Attacks on their site today and it looked like they are now a brushed exterior, similar to the Sitka Mountain/Timerline pants. Is this accurate? If so, how do they compare to the old styles? I love how breathable and quick drying mine are.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorta smooth finish on them (not quite soft shell), I think they breath well and the vents help a lot there too. In terms of sweat and minor water mine dry fine, I haven't gotten soaked in rain in them so can't really say. I've got 3 seasons on mine and they are holding up just fine but I'm not hunting choked/thorny brush here in CO. Worst I deal with is busting through scrub oak but that isn't the same as trying to bust through black berries/devils club back in the PNW when I lived there.

OP
O
Apparently I have the Tiburon pants? For the last 4 years I thought I had the Attack pants! Oh well, I love them just the same. They have help up wonderfully for me and have taken a ton of sharp sticks and jabs to them without tearing. Anyways, do any of you have both pants and if so, which do you like better?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No I have the attack and guide, sooner or later I'd like to get the Tiburon, they are just different temp ranges in my mind. Attack get hot over 70s and start getting cool sitting in the 40s (but layers under help them handle much cooler). Guide get hot over 40s with the lining but the face on them is more soft shell like in terms of durability and snow resistance. The Tiburon to be seemed like the 70+ degree pant with the dots that allow air to flow through more easily. What temps have you been using them in and how do you like them?

I can say I really like my attack and as a rifle hunter use them a lot, the guides don't come out that often as they are late season only for me.

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
I love my tiburon pants for early archery season. Only downside is they do tear easily or at least mine did. Snagged on a limb on a log and tore just above my boot. I patched up with some tenacious tape until I got home and had them hemmed. I love my attack pants too for later in the year.

OP
O
No I have the attack and guide, sooner or later I'd like to get the Tiburon, they are just different temp ranges in my mind. Attack get hot over 70s and start getting cool sitting in the 40s (but layers under help them handle much cooler). Guide get hot over 40s with the lining but the face on them is more soft shell like in terms of durability and snow resistance. The Tiburon to be seemed like the 70+ degree pant with the dots that allow air to flow through more easily. What temps have you been using them in and how do you like them?

I can say I really like my attack and as a rifle hunter use them a lot, the guides don't come out that often as they are late season only for me.

Great info man. I have been using my "Attacks:rolleyes:" for early archery in Eastern WA where temps can swing from low 30's all the way to 90+. In the lows, I layer a midweight merino underneath and honestly, if I am doing any sitting, I freeze my butt off, literally but if I am moving they are fine. I always bring an extra fleece just to sit on but I can tell that is where all my heat is leaving. The DOT fabric works VERY well. They are awesome in the hot weather, say 75+. I keep the vents open pretty much all day but honestly, they seem kind of silly since the mesh inside the vents is more or less just slightly larger than the DOT fabric in the rest of the pants. I still use them though. When there is a breeze, you can definitely feel the wind pass through easily. They dry EXTREMELY quickly. On a hot day, they can go from soaking in sweat to dry in around 15 minutes or so in my experiences. Mine have held up really well. Mine only this year got some tiny holes in them, less than 1 cm, due to stomping through sage, stickers, scree, thorns, you name it. Definitely bomb proof for what I have used them for.

Jardo

WKR
I have both attacks and tiburons. The attacks are significantly thicker and heavier than the tiburons. That said, the tiburons are the lightest weight pants I own. Lighter than my Sitka ascents and EB Pro Guide pants. I love my attack for early fall. I hunt deer, pigs, and goats in Hawaii with my tibuons and they are almost perfect for 85 degree 100% humid hunting in Hawaii. I also have a pair of Skre Uinta pants and they are very similar in weight and fabric feel to the tiburons. My favorite is still the tiburons for hot weather.

I do like the attack pants but they are too hot for hunting in Hawaii. If I lived on the Mainland, I wouldn't wear the attacks until late September and October.