KUIU Ultra NX outlet prices

I see that KUIU had the Ultra NX raingear in the Outlet at a fair discount. I was thinking of getting something more packable than my Kryptek Koldo set for when there is a chance of rain and I would be out in it for a while. If its already raining I'll be wearing the Koldo set. The thing is all the sizes are in the outlet, which is odd, and only the Verde pattern which isn't a big deal, so I'm wondering if there is a reliability problem and they have found that it doesn't hold up at all and they are trying to dump them. I wouldn't be using them for brush bashing but there could be some thorns and foliage contact.

Is there some other compact lightweight packable raingear that would be suitable for short term temporary use?

PNW is the hunting area, Western WA in particular.

Last edited:

Graves14

WKR
Pretty sure they’re just dumping all the remaining Verde pattern to make room for the verde 2.0 stuff

OP
P
Thanks for the replies, maybe it's just inventory reduction, sounds like not a very good seller for them.

OP
P
Since you already use Kryptek look at them again, I've been using poseidon since it was released for exactly as you are thinking, works great. Kryptek. Kryptek Poseidon II Rain Jacket

They usually have a good sale come Black Friday, I got mine for 50% off.
I was just looking at those today and am interested. Checked a few reviews and they like them, less breathable then some others and no pockets are the biggest draw backs. The price is attractive for the expected infrequent use. Evo outdoors has them on sale in the same sizes as my current koldo set too.

Jardo

WKR
Older thread but I thought I'd chime in. They are now clearing out the vias patterns in the outlet. That's my pattern so I figured I'd better pull the trigger. I received it today and as luck would have it, we are in the middle of a huge rain storm today. So, I got a chance to spend some time in the yard with the new ultra nx rain gear.

I honestly wasnt prepared for how light and thin the rain gear is. I have a set of Sitka dew point and was expecting a similar feel. This is super thin rain gear. It's basically the thickness of tent material. Honestly not really sure if I'm excited about this or if I just spent $300 on some shiz thats gonna get shredded first time out. I know kuiu describes it as thin and light and designed to sit out a storm. That said, who just sits out a storm and puts their gear back in the bag. I always wear my pants until the grass and brush dries out so my pants stay dry. I use my rain gear for mornings with dew also. If you use rain gear like me, I would stay away from the ultra nx.

The good news is that it worked perfectly today in the yard. I spent about 2 hours in a solid drizzle and stayed perfectly dry. I was not busting brush in it but did some chores and I stayed dry. I think if I had a pack on, eventually it would leak where the shoulder straps rub on the gear. This is common for all breathable rain gear though.

I'm concerned about finding a place in my rotation for this rain gear. I think the dew point is going to be a better fit for my needs. Time will tell. I am really wishing Kuiu stood behind their product like Sitka. If that was the case, I'd be very happy about this gear. I know if it gets torn they are going to tell me to pound sand.

I'll update everyone as I get more time in this gear.