Looking for a new Puffy-Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody?

Currently have the Cirrus. It's somewhat warm but still found myself wanting more warmth in a jacket for early cold mornings. Either going with the Uncompahgre or the Kelvin Lite Hoody. Anyone use the Kelvin Lite? Do you like it?

I like my kelvin light hoody better than the uncompahgre personally, but both are probably very comparable in warmth. Kept the Sitka, sold the uncompahgre after using it on a few hunts.

I personally use a 2 puffy system with the kelvin light and a kifaru lost park parka, they both have a place, and that kifaru jack is warm and cuts the wind like neither the Sitka or first light do. Might consider a light puffy and a warmer puffy to cover your bases.

Jardo

WKR
I like my kelvin lite. Spent 2 cold days in it this year on the Utah general season elk hunt. Got down to 12 degrees one Monday morning with a stiff wind. My layers that morning were traverse t shirt, 90% jacket, jetstream, then the lite hoody. Brought along my dew point rain gear just in case the wind got too much but never needed it so it stayed in the pack. I was glad to have the kelvin lite hoody that day.

That said, I prefer the Kuiu Kenai over the kelvin lite for most day hikes. Quieter and slightly warmer. If I was backpacking in for an extended trip, I think the kelvin lite will pack down smaller. I'm glad I have both.

sr80

WKR
I used to use a lighter puffy for warmer weather, and a heavier one for when its cold. Thats until i picked up a lost park parka. For me, its the best puffy ive ever owned. I pack it all year in my pack, I dont see the point in using a lighter one, and still getting cold when I can throw on the furnace and be good for any kind of weather.

Consider the insulation weights of what you're looking for. I've got a 60g puffy hoody that I love for active use and for chilly mornings in early season. But, once things cool down I need something more during glassing. Out comes by bombproof 100g puffy.... throw that on over my other layers and it blocks the wind and keeps me warm.

For me: Arcteryx Atom LT hoody (60g of insulation) and an Arcteryx Nuclei AR (100g). Neither of these are hunting specific, so often I'll throw my goretex jacket over top to provide some concealment.

wapitibob

WKR
I'm looking for a warmer puffy as well. I spent some time at sportsmans and with what I own came up with the following scale

170 merino
sitka core
core4 190 wt
core4 90/50 wt mapped
sitka traverse shirt/kuiu 250
kelvin active jacket
kryptek kratos
kelvin lite hoody
kuiu super down pro (5.0 oz)
trewgear super down (7.7 oz)
Kelvin down hoody (8.1 oz blended)

There is a very noticeable difference in "puffiness" between the kelvin active/kratos and the kelvin lite hoody. I have not seen the "kelvin jacket" and it appears to come in right between the light puffies and the Trewgear super down/kelvin down jackets.

I am another vote for the lost park parka from kifaru... I had the kuiu superdown... this one is 5X warmer, and 10 times as durable. slightly heavier and bigger when compressed.

Joe

The Kelvin lite hoody is my favorite piece i added this year super warm i really like the elastic on the hood to cinch it down tight to your head especially in the wind it stays put. Packs down nicely. I have nothing bad to say about it i enjoyed having it this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro