Clothing storage/organization

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
How does everyone store their clothes long term, season to season (totes, clothes hangers, etc)?
Are you worried about scent absorption?
Do you keep it separate from everyday clothes?

Randle

WKR
Archery lightweight in one tote , heavier layers in another . Hats gloves neck gaiters in another. This works best for me

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coat hangers since most of my stuff gets used outside of hunting as well. I don’t worry too much about scent but keep it all in the basement where there isn’t any food smell or anyway the dogs could get near it. I keep my orange stuff in a reusable shopping bag in a tote with miscellaneous gear.

My stuff is on a clothing rack I got when a local retailer went out of business. It has 4 tiers. I keep stuff separated and hung up on that in my garage. I don't worry about scent "Too Much". My old Wisconsin white tail mindset has kind of been softened a bit, since western hunting for so long.
The scent issue is still there, but wind and thermals is the priority.

I think tubs or totes would be good to keep moths, and what not away.
But like said above, I sometimes wear a few of the pieces in non hunting applications, so easy access is just convenient for me.

I keep it all in my garage, so the wife doesn't see the in house closets packed and begin to ask questions- perhaps totes or tubs is a better option
lol

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone. I think totes will work for me and just keep some of the pieces I want to use everyday hung up.

Most of my stuff just stays in my normal totes under the bed. I hunt mainly in solids that get used for offseason backpacking, snow shoeing, hiking, etc. so i just keep them handy.