Kifaru Lost Park Parka Questions

texag10

WKR
Relatively certain I am going to buy this over some other down and synthetic insulating pieces I have been considering. These questions are not make or break for me for the most part, but I would like to know before purchasing.

1. How does the insulation hold up over time? I will not be storing compressed, but I want to get a feel for this if possible. The jacket will be compressed to be in my pack during the day but will probaably be uncompressed at night. My arcTeryx Atom LT is probably half as warm as it was 5 years ago. I feel like down will probably be be better long term in this regard.

2. Has anyone used the detachable hood as a standalone piece? It would be nice if I could use the hood with a quilt instead of buying a stand a lone piece.

3. What weight is the insulation? I've heard it mentioned that is the same as the 20* slick bag. Are we talking 100g/m? More?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

1) I have stored my Woobie compressed for over a year without noticeable affect. It's the same material so should be indicative. I have a synthetic sleeping bag from Cabala's that is the warmest one I have even after storing it for 20 years in a semi-compressed state (in stuff sack without compression straps tightened).

2) I have thought about putting a snap in on the chin portion of the hood to make it stand-alone. You could also just sew in some small pieces of 550 cord to just tie under the chin. Would be great for sleeping.

3) No clue, but it is significantly heavier than my Uncompaghre, which I think is 100g/m2 in the body and 60 in the sleeves if I remember correctly. It's closer to the Sanctuary in thickness.

Grumman

WKR
The LPP is a piece I didn’t think I would like at all until I tried it on at the Kifaru shop. Now if something happened to mine I would cut an order for another in a heartbeat. I run cold, and that thing keeps me warm in the upper 30’s with only a T-shirt underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Is the brown color a shiny reflective brown? looks that way in the picture.

frosty_1

FNG
Send your arcTeryx back to them, they will take care of you. Their customer service is first rate.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The LPP is a piece I didn’t think I would like at all until I tried it on at the Kifaru shop. Now if something happened to mine I would cut an order for another in a heartbeat. I run cold, and that thing keeps me warm in the upper 30’s with only a T-shirt underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.

OP
T

texag10

WKR
Send your arcTeryx back to them, they will take care of you. Their customer service is first rate.

Thought about it, not sure how I feel about getting it replaced. It's done it's job for a lightweight synthetic puffy.