3/4 length rain coat recommendation

kickemall

WKR
I'm looking for recommendations for a light 3/4 length rain coat, the type some of the bear guides wear with hip boots. I thought Helly Hansen made one that was impertech but I couldn't find it on their site or one on Grudens site. If you know of any please let me know and thanks in advance.

Dave

mcseal2

WKR
I have one I bought 3 years ago or so. I know they at least did make one. I bought it for the same reason you are stating, worked good fishing on the river. Only bad thing about hip boots is the boat seat leaves my butt wet! I bought my jacket and 2 pairs of outfitter camo Impertech bibs when Cabelas had them on a closeout. Still have one pair new and the other is in great shape, used them sitting in the snow glassing in Wyoming this year. Hot to walk in but nice to put on once I get to a glassing spot when the snow is deep.

Last edited:
OP
K

kickemall

WKR
That ones damn close. I'd rather not have the pvc coating if I can find one without it. Thanks!

I have a yellow pvc saddle slicker that comes down to just below my knees. I like it because you can use it mounted, or snap it together around your legs when walking. I bought it at the local feedstore and there is no maker on it that I can find. But it's light and works great.....

mcseal2

WKR
OP
K

kickemall

WKR
I did some research after your first post and that's what I found. I also figured out, because I'm fairly slow, that the PVC coating is fine and that the HH Guide coat is the one I'm looking for. Thanks all for the help.

Beendare

WKR
I did some research after your first post and that's what I found. I also figured out, because I'm fairly slow, that the PVC coating is fine and that the HH Guide coat is the one I'm looking for. Thanks all for the help.

I have the HH long 3/4 raincoat and its the bomb in those multiple days of rain scenarios. I can tell you mine is not lightweight, in XL mine weighs 3.5# easy. Its probably double the weight of my HH imperfect jacket....its noticeably heavy. I've never seen a lightweight one I like except for an emergency Golite poncho.

Edit; I was curious so I weighed mine; 3lbs 5 oz in XL