Light Weight Wind resistant outer layer

ChadSchu

FNG
Sat out in my tree-stand this year in 30 degree weather and stayed mostly warm but I noticed that my lower back was cold from the wind. Looking for a suggestion for budget friendly out layer to help with wind.

Thanks
Chad

If camouflage isnt a concern, there are plenty of good wind shirts out there to block the wind. The Marmot DriClime windshirt is a classic for good reason. Companies like Wild Things have camo ones on eBay from time to time.

Might not be budget friendly, but I really liked using my Sitka Flash pullover this September. It's super light, takes up minimal space in the pack and did a decent job blocking the wind and keep light moisture off me.

I am in ND and if the state hasn't blown away I will be surprised. #1 criteria for us is windstopper outer layer. Recently upgraded to a Sitka Mountain jacket. Thin, light and full windstopper with taped seams. I bought larger size and put over a puffy. Not necessarily budget but deals can be found. Got mine at the Cabelas bargain cave.

Other than that the Sitka Stratus, Kuiu 240

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ive been enjoying a sitka 90% jacket that I recently scored, Im not sure I they make them any longer but Im sure sitka has an equivalent or an updated version. IMO, with hunting brands, sitka is where its at for wind resistance.