First Lite Sawtooth field results?

Anyone spend any time with one in the field? I have yet to see anything on durability or how they performed while on an actual hunt.

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone spend any time with one in the field? I have yet to see anything on durability or how they performed while on an actual hunt.

Spent time on several hunts with it and really liked it. It worked well in my layering kit, particularly in late season. If you’re going to wear it while hiking it needs to be on the colder side as the piece retains heat well.

Durability was also solid. No issues there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O
Do you think it will hold up well against sage and some light brush?

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Do you think it will hold up well against sage and some light brush?

I agree with Argali, I like mine a lot. Areas that are merino will hold up like any other merino. Insulated zones have tighter poly and are very tough.

OP
O
Absolutely. I used it in thick timber, sage and everything in between.

Thanks man. Only reason I’m asking is because I’ve narrowed it down to between the Sawtooth and the Sitka Traverse for my midlayer/ outer on mild days. I know the Traverse is substantially durable due to the slick exterior.

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks man. Only reason I’m asking is because I’ve narrowed it down to between the Sawtooth and the Sitka Traverse for my midlayer/ outer on mild days. I know the Traverse is substantially durable due to the slick exterior.

No problem. Both are good pieces. Sawtooth is super comfortable as well. Fits like a fleece jacket. I wear it around at home all the time as well. Good luck.

OP
O
Oh I forgot one last thing. How does it handle the wind? I have zero experience with a heavy weight merino.

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Oh I forgot one last thing. How does it handle the wind? I have zero experience with a heavy weight merino.

Merino has its advantages but being windproof isn’t one of them. The front of the jacket where the insulation is has a synthetic shell which cuts the wind, but the jacket isn’t wind proof. If the wind is howling I put on an outer layer.