Brushed Micro fleece

I dont know if it is more of a European thing or what, but here (sweden) the hunting clothes are often made in what is called a "brushed micro fleece". What I mean by that is just the outermost layer of the garment is of a fleece material. The result is an incredibly quiet material. I will add that going "steep and deep" isn't really a thing here. Tradition and extensive logging roads nullify that.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with this type of material as to its comfort and durability in more active use deep in the back country?

Thanks

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have several "American" microfleece mock T's. American microfleece is just thin fleece. But I love fleece of all types. It's definitely quiet, it breathes well, it's warm for its weight, it's cheap, and you can just shake it out to dry it. Only negative I know of is that burrs and stuff sticks to it very well.

For our archery season here in CO it's generally very warm during the day, but can be below freezing first thing in the morning. So the microfleece is perfect for me over a merino base layer. Then I can take it off when it warms up.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
The above is pretty accurate. It seems to be more popular with eastern white tail hunting where you are just walking to a stand. With the activity of western hunting I see more smooth face fleece material. Overall it’s a small trade off between slightly quieter or slightly less burr holding. I give a slight edge to the smooth face for ease of layering. A slight edge to brushed for warmth.