why no one uses badlands clothing?!?

After owning a Badlands Treestand pack for 6 years for Whitetail hunting without any issues at all I bought a Badlands Reactor for summer scouting trips where i basically need to carry water and perhaps raingear and it works great for that. I think Badlands excels for guys that dont need a frame pack, arent packing meat out, arent doing backpacking trips, etc. Essentially, its niche is the Whitetail hunter who parks and walks to their treestand and then back to the truck every night and drives home. IMO there isnt a better pack for that kind of hunting. That being said, there are far better options for guys hunting out west that ARE packing meat out or hunting out of their pack for extended periods.

As for their clothes, I was in the market for new raingear last year but wanted something that didnt sound like i was wearing a plastic garbage bag. I settled on the Badland Exo Jacket and Pants.

What I like: Quietest Rain Gear Ive ever owned, very durable as I havent managed to tear any of it while wearing it through some unforgiving country, it has been completely waterproof over the season ive used it, i like the way the hood fits to keep the water from entering around your face.

What i dont like: It does pack into its own pocket but it doesnt pack down extremely small as the higher end raingear does, its sorta heavy/bulky in my pack, im not a huge fan of the camo its sorta bright and shows up well at a distance per my hunting buddies as they can see me quite a ways off, it breathes but not nearly as well as the higher end rain gear. I actually destroyed my Iphone as it was in one of the pockets and it built up so much water vapor/condensation the Iphone was water damage from it! I have a waterproof Lifelock case now after that experience.

Overall decent raingear but I am thinking Ill move in a different direction down the line. Need it to be more packable/breathable but it is quality geat IMO.

twall13

WKR
That’s a valid question. I’m sure I did but just last month (different trip)I noticed the bag lip was only partially over the frame on the left side. I’m still thrilled with the performance of the Exo. That pack has been through hell and back. I’ll likely buy another this season. Someone did mention that Exo had sent out some frame bumper caps for the sharp ends for the generation 1. I guess it was a known issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure Exo will warranty the pack. I'd give Steve a call and see what he can do for you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ive got a diablo, and its a fantastic day pack. For that matter an alps mountaineering daypack that has a built in rifle boot and rain cover that i got off amazon has been an absolute badass. Between bears, sheds, turkeys, morels, elk, and deer, that pack has taken it all. Prob over 200 hard sweaty miles and its still near perfect. Definitely has a special place in my heart. No its not a elk or bear meat hauling pack, but it serves incredibly well for near anything else. Badlands 2200 has served well, but its no Pintler. Haha

I have a Badlands Superday and a Badlands 2200. Im always trying to "upgrade" my gear. I started with the Superday for elk hunting. It worked great for its intended use as a daypack. I use a Alps Commander pack frame for meat packing. The next year I bought the 2200 thinking it would be good to use to pack out the first meat pack back to camp. Before I used it I bought into the Kifaru hype. I only used the 2200 walking with the pack getting ready. I would say training, but that sounds a bit more intense than what I was doing. The Kifaru seems like a great pack, but my hunting is from a wall tent, so my pack is used mainly as a daypack. I think the 2200 would have been enough for what I do. I think both the badlands packs I have are great packs and would always be enough for what I do. You can not beat their warranty or their customer service.

LFFB1985

FNG
After owning several of their backpacks they definitely are at the low end of the food chain. But for someone looking for their first hunting pack or on a low budget they are great for packs in that category. I️ had two badlands pack for 6 years and this season invested in a top grade pack and now I’m wondering why I didn’t do it sooner! Both the day pack and larger one never fit me right and would kill my back the next day after packing anything out. Can’t speak for their clothes but they do look nice

What packs would you consider top grade? I am hunting with a pack and will be purchasing my first designated hunting pack. I am they type of person who prefers to start at they top and cry once. Rather than try several things before buying the high-end one anyway.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
What packs would you consider top grade? I am hunting with a pack and will be purchasing my first designated hunting pack. I am they type of person who prefers to start at they top and cry once. Rather than try several things before buying the high-end one anyway.

What type of hunting? Describe?

Wrench

WKR
I've got a bunch of kifaru, MR, an Alaska Range and others. I still think the badlands 2800 sets the bar for a backpack hunter day pack. It's WAAAAAAY quieter than the others, waterproof, designed to be a hauler in a moment.

I love my 22mag but having to wash it out after hauling meat is lame. The 2800 just gets hosed off.

The customs do take weight better.....but it doesn't make a big difference until it's over 100 pounds.....and to avoid the internet scale debate....I actually hung my 2800 after hauling out a buck.20161118_154519 (1).jpg

LFFB1985

FNG
What type of hunting? Describe?

Mostly Elk and Deer in northwest Oregon but i will also make some trips to northern Idaho. my requirements are the ability to carry both a rifle or a bow. and be comfortable enough for bacpacking trips overnight or two nights max.

I had there Intake jacket, highest priced one and I liked it until the zipper blew out. Had good pit zips, and was pretty breathable for a good water proof jacket was a little noisy but broke in, Sent it in and they sent me the latest greatest model. The new one is way quieter and fits better but no pit zips. Tough to beat lifetime warranty on clothes if they fit, I don't care what the brand I've wore it out or can.

Infidevil

FNG
I’ve been using Badlands for @ 10 years now. I own several packs and clothing. I recently ripped a pair of pants that were 4 years old (impact line) climbing out of a stand..it was totally my fault. I called them up explained the issue to them..I sent it back and received a brand new pair of ascent pants ( closest to what I had) free of charge. I will be a lifetime user

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like the approach pattern, and have a full set of there gear. I will say, the pants have held up extremely well, and I abuse the hell out of them in Idaho, from buckbrush to blackberry brambles. Not the most breathable but for the discounted price I got everything at, it was great for me at the time. I have the 2200 pack, and it served me well but I moved to a Kifaru after packing out about 130 lbs with the badlands 2200. Nothing like a meat shelf against your back, VS having 80 lbs of meat that is about 14" away from your back.

rcdinaz

FNG
I just got back from an antelope hunt where I used some new Badlands camo gear and their Superday pack. My first purchase of their camo and I will be buying more. I will stick with my Stone Glacier to cover longer distance or packouts but the smaller bag was awesome for stalking and moving quickly, it has hip-holsters for a pistol as well which is a great idea.