why no one uses badlands clothing?!?

ofl0926

WKR
hey whats up everyone. as the title states. i am curious. it seems that they make pretty good clothing and packs. i have ordered a few things from them to see how they are. the camo itself looks pretty cool and looks like it will do a good job. thoughts? opinions?

muddydogs

WKR
Because its not the expensive cool kid camo that is touted on this forum. A post about anything other then Sitka, Firstlite or the like will go unnoticed. I posted about Cabela's clothes a month or so ago and no one cared.

After owning several of their backpacks they definitely are at the low end of the food chain. But for someone looking for their first hunting pack or on a low budget they are great for packs in that category. I️ had two badlands pack for 6 years and this season invested in a top grade pack and now I’m wondering why I didn’t do it sooner! Both the day pack and larger one never fit me right and would kill my back the next day after packing anything out. Can’t speak for their clothes but they do look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
I have owned almost every badlands item they have made do to my work... the only pack that was good was the ox which I still have as a back up. The bino harnesses aren't bad. In terms of clothes I do like their rain jacket and their base layers. The rest of the clothing just doesn't fit as well as other brands I now use. The quality feels fine but just not what I wanted.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I use the Badlands Bino XR and love it. Dont really own much else of theirs everything in every category I have something as good or better.

Great customer care repair service that you'll probably need. It's cheap starter gear people outgrow when they begin placing real demands on their gear. One elk, bear or large hog will convert most guys to consider higher end packs.

Billinsd

WKR
hey whats up everyone. as the title states. i am curious. it seems that they make pretty good clothing and packs. i have ordered a few things from them to see how they are. the camo itself looks pretty cool and looks like it will do a good job. thoughts? opinions?
It's crap with a warranty.

CorbLand

WKR
I posted about Cabela's clothes a month or so ago and no one cared.

Maybe thats because no one knows anything about the Cabelas camo so instead of just posting random crap, people choose to not give false information? or because your post about the Cabelas camo didn't really warrant a response? Just some options for you to think about other than because its not the "cool" camo.

To the OP. I had some of Badlands Exo Rain Jacket and Pants. I never used the pants but I used the jacket quite a bit. It was really waterproof, held out water through multiple rain storms. It was also really quite and had decent zippers. I used it primarily for fishing and it worked great. Other than that I have no other experience with Badlands clothing. It would probably help if they increased some marketing, most people don't even know they make clothes.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Maybe thats because no one knows anything about the Cabelas camo so instead of just posting random crap, people choose to not give false information? or because your post about the Cabelas camo didn't really warrant a response? Just some options for you to think about other than because its not the "cool" camo.

To the OP. I had some of Badlands Exo Rain Jacket and Pants. I never used the pants but I used the jacket quite a bit. It was really waterproof, held out water through multiple rain storms. It was also really quite and had decent zippers. I used it primarily for fishing and it worked great. Other than that I have no other experience with Badlands clothing. It would probably help if they increased some marketing, most people don't even know they make clothes.

yeah i never knew they made clothes. then my pops told me about their packs and i ended up ordering a superday. i like it a lot with no issues so far. going on three years. granted i dont my stuff through the ringer as i try to hunt twice a year for over a week long each period.
whats up with their zippers?

muddydogs

WKR

I would have updated the post but after I spent a little time on the clothing forum and read some posts about other camo I realized it wasn't worth my time. This is a high end everything forum, I realize that, and talking about anything that isn't high end doesn't go anywhere except down.

AdamW

WKR
I'll say it...it's ugly. There, I said it. :D I based their clothing off their pack reputations: "Not bad, but there's better for a bit more money." You'll find a lot of people who use their stuff on the internets. It's all personal preference. Someone who likes and uses X will recommend X and so on and so on.

I would have updated the post but after I spent a little time on the clothing forum and read some posts about other camo I realized it wasn't worth my time. This is a high end everything forum, I realize that, and talking about anything that isn't high end doesn't go anywhere except down.

Man you're really upset about this perceived elitism. Let's talk about it. Let it out.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking about all the comments these elitists make about First Lite merino wearing out fast, $350+ sleeping bag X sucking, etc. I went back and found the thread you're talking about and it was basically that you had bought some Cabela's stuff and it seemed pretty good. No pictures, no showing features, no in depth description of what you liked about it, etc. That's why your thread got no bites, there was no meat to it. One thing I learned pretty quickly when I started browsing rokslide was most people don't care about the new stove and spork you got and "I went out for a day hike and made some via". Show WHY you like something. Just my 2 cents.

Edit to add: I'm wearing a Cabela's wool sweater in my avatar pic. Just received an outfitter fleece jacket with windshear for bow hunting. Got my buck this year wearing a Kifaru lost park parka and beanie. I'm just a walking contradiction, but life goes on. :D

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks expensive and no real description as to what advantage or value it provides over their competitors.

Bones

WKR
I haven't ever worn their stuff. Definitely not cheap, and it wasn't worth the risk when I could get something else for around the same $. I did almost buy a piece of theirs a year shot when Camofire had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
Oh, so same as Vortex then :rolleyes:

Their packs are nice and everyone I've worn has been comfortable. Just got a new set of Badlands' 190g Merino/Poly base layers. Pretty happy with them.
Every year when I visit relatives in SLC I stop by the Badlands headquarters to look at their stuff. Last year an employee was talking with a customer concerned about quality. He said that if something happens he can send it back, and he said which never happens and started laughing out loud and then the customer started laughing. Crap is pretty harsh, a better phrase is there is much better out there than Badlands. Badlands packs are real comfortable until you load them down real heavy. I got a 2200 pack, which I think is the best pack they ever made. They told me I could load it down real heavy, and if it rips or gets damaged "just send it in". Badlands serves a purpose to a lot of hunters. Badlands has been around a long time and competitors have popped up during the recent wars with the need for military packs, with much better quality and much higher prices. I've never used a vortex, they have a lot of hype and are supposed to be pretty good. I've never heard of them falling apart or folks needing to use their warranty like those at badlands. Vortex is famous for their transferable warranty. Badlands is infamous for people needing to use their warranty. I'd say Vortex is a step up compared to Badlands in their respective categories. Badlands quality in packs is like Simmons or Tasco in optics in my opinion. All a person needs to do is some google searches on Badlands quality to get an idea. Bill

Last edited:
a2eb053a88abc91af8118cf66f3dabc5.jpg

My buddy swears by his Badlands pack. Even after trying on my Kifaru with all my gear in it. How can i argue? He packed the bull while I ate tag soup...dirty dog.

Nonetheless, I have had only a few times to test some of the clothing and i can’t speak for their packs. The momentum Pant is on sale and it’s great for low activity like riding a ATV in cold rain or sleet. Way too hot for walking. The Unitas vest is a nice piece of insulation but those aren’t hard to mess up. The 1/4 Zip is not Merino but it’s a great piece to wear in moderate weather. The pattern looks kind of interesting like snake skin. Works nice in Texas in cedar & mesquite cover.
dff5f7a720c1ebb506aa9c5d4a605f70.jpg

ca3e80e310f0a2006c313df1b4689e43.jpg

Get excited!