Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody vs Traverse Cold Weather Hoody >

bradtown

Lil-Rokslider
Which piece do you guys prefer?
They seem somewhat similar yet look vastly different.
I can see where the traverse is probably quiter but other than that what are your thoughts?
TIA,
Brad

2 very different pieces. The kelvin is lighter. More of an insulation layer. The traverse is tougher and can be worn as an outer layer. Although he aier

svivian

WKR
I have both and the traverse hoody is my go to jacket for early morning when it is cold but I'm going to move around. The kelvin stays in my pack in case I'm gunna be sitting somewhere glassing and I'm gunna get cold. It's super light and a nice layer under my traverse hoody. I have never worn the kelvin lite by itself to say if it is warmer than the traverse hoody.

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv got a black cold weather traverse I wear around town. Don't think I'd want one for hunting though. Kind of just a thick sweatshirt, if it's cold enough to grab it I'd rather wear a softshell and get more resistance to weather.

I also have a kelvin lite hoody and it's an excellent insulating layer when it's cold. Not something I'd want to be making bow range stalks in, although Sitka with thier newest version of it, did make it quite a bit quieter. It also dosnt take up much room in a pack, much more warmth to weight.

If you want something quiet, and still get some good insulation, the kelvin active jacket is actually pretty quiet.

I do have a traverse hoody as well. One of my favorite pieces.

jdk81

FNG
How would you compare the Kelvin Light to the Kelvin Active? The active was not quite warm enough for my needs, I assume that is due to being without a hood. However, I think I did still feel the need for a tad more insulation.

Would the Kelvin Light be described as having slightly higher insulation compared to the active?

wapitibob

WKR
The insulation is different between the two. If the lite hoody is warmer is isn't by much but felt puffier when I had them both in my hands. I put them in the same warm factor as my Kratos, basically a mid level insulation layer.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve got all those pieces and I agree with each and every post so far. Good advice guys IMO.

I got a little cold in my bag this week (had a lot of wind whipping thru the uneven bottom of the tipi) and I threw on my Kelvin Light Hoody...problem solved completely!