Eddie Bauer Down Jacket?

treillw

WKR
Eddie Bauer is having a pretty good sale. They have down jackets and I was wondering how one of theirs would compare to hunting branded down jacket. I want it as warm as possible and to work if it gets damp. Thanks!

Here is a link to the one I was thinking of:
Men's Microtherm Stormdown Jacket | Eddie Bauer

ddiwd33

Banned
this are some really nice stuffs guys, thanks.
i wonder if they have black friday sales.

I love my EB guide pro pants and if I didn't already have a down jacket would not hesitate to buy theirs. It has a lifetime warranty to boot so if you don't like it return it.

I can't speak to their jackets, but I have the microtherm II vest, and love it. It's comparable to ir better than any hunting company down I've ever worn/seen.

MTSabo

WKR
Ive got the microtherm II down field jacket from EB. I would not recommend it. I was very disappointed in the amount of warmth it provides which is next to none. I ended up with the kifaru lost park parka which is way warmer and functional. It also has synthetic insulation which is better for wet environments more so then EB treated down.

wapitibob

WKR
you need to know how much fill is in the jacket

Kuiu super down pro, 5.0 oz of 850, $400
Trewgear super down, 7.7oz of 850 down, $369
Sitka Kelvin Down Hoody, 8.8oz down/primaloft, $273 on closeout

Last edited:
Skip the microtherm and go straight to the downlight if you are looking for really warm. Can't say if it will work wet, but I would guess not at all. I would go syn if I wanted something to keep me warm if it gets wet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk