Camo longjohns: Give me one good reason

JP100

WKR
Why even camo at all??

There is THOUSANDS and I mean like 10s of thousands of hunters here in NZ who wear stubbies(short shorts) and long johns all the time, some farmers wear them daily. For them they make just as much sense as camo pants

Randle

WKR
Because elk can and will .catch you with your pants down so camo might help.

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Don't really see the need for camo bottoms. One thing to think about if you do just love camo is that sometimes printing the camo pattern on the fabric reduces the effectiveness of breathability, wicking capabilities, etc.

Now most have done a really good job of the printing process to minimize those effects, but they are usually there in the smallest amounts. How do you measure it? No idea, but for that reason I buy solids when I can. Usually get more use from the piece outside hunting as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You could obviously question whether camo is necessary at all in certain situations. However, if you believe camo is necessary perhaps you don't want a solid or odd colored baselayer that breaks up a consistent camo pattern. I often sit in my treestand with my pants unzipped to cool off. If my baselayer is black or some other color that creates a stark contrast with my outerlayers I suppose it could alert deer to my presence. I'm really reaching here, but its all I got.

The local store had the camo in stock and was same price as the solid when shipping was factored in. Plus I didn't have to wait to get them.

You could obviously question whether camo is necessary at all in certain situations. However, if you believe camo is necessary perhaps you don't want a solid or odd colored baselayer that breaks up a consistent camo pattern. I often sit in my treestand with my pants unzipped to cool off. If my baselayer is black or some other color that creates a stark contrast with my outerlayers I suppose it could alert deer to my presence. I'm really reaching here, but its all I got.

Makes us wonder what you're watching on your phone during those long lonely sits in the treestand when nothing's goin' on. LOL

Gorp2007

WKR
So many good reasons, several already noted by others.
1) End of year clearance sales! That's how I got my pair of FL ASAT longjohns.
2) Differentiate without the smell test. If I get the choice between IDing my clean pair visually or by odor, I pick the eyeball test.
3) The ladies love it. I know my wife loves to see me walking around the house in a pair of handsome camouflage longjohns. The tight fit really accentuates my skinny legs and makes me look like a sexy, tactical flamingo.

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
Gorp, I think you nailed it for me. That, and the realisation that they might deal with issues of 'I didn't quite have enough TP in the field, and now I'm sweating a lot' as alluded to by Bruce.

Still not 100% convinced, but I am convinced that Conifer on sale is probably something I'll regret ...

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
Yep. Gorp just might possibly be the first person in human history to have said that ...