Camo longjohns: Give me one good reason

Dobermann

WKR
Okay, I get the value in a camo merino baselayer shirt - maybe it gets hot and I need to hunt in that. Easy.

But does anyone have a good reason for camo underwear bottoms?

I'll take 'if it makes you feel tougher, put it on' and the fact that I love Fusion as a given ... but are there any real scenarios where you can imagine actually using camo longjohns for their camo properties?

I don't need a string of 'it's a gimmick / they're a waste of time' answers - that was my initial response too - I'm wanting to hear credible scenarios in which they'd actually be useful ... or times when people have worn them / needed them.

Unlike top layers, I think I'm unlikely to strip off my pants to just hunt in my undies ... so why else have them? In case the pants are too wet or get shredded?

Anyone?

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I wore my merino top the entire hunt this year. It was crazy hot. But I don’t know why it would be needed for the bottom. I always get a Brown or Grey if they have my size. Then when I’m digging through a tub of camo or in the bottom of a pack, the bottom base is easier to spot.

I’m guessing since the manufacture is already printing the camo colors on the same top and bottom material, it’s cheaper to run a lot of it VS doing custom colors for base. It’s kinda hot when my wife wears my camo base layer to bed. Other than that, there is no real reason for me to buy camo base.

dotman

WKR
Because when on sale they are usually a decent value since everyone buys solids.

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
I'd wondered if that might happen, Tim, but all the FL sellers I'm seeing still have the Fusions at more expensive than the solids ...

Which was the main prompt for my question, as many of the solids have sold out. Current sale prices make the camo options cheaper than the full retail for the solids, but I'm still not convinced I need camo legs! :D

AdamW

WKR
Because it differentiates between your camo pair and the other dozen pair of drawers you have? I have a lot of green solids and I'll be digging through a pile of crap looking for "the" shirt I'm looking for.

Why? Because people buy it.

prconnection

Lil-Rokslider
Well for me...... camo lonjohns were an obvious choice for sneaking up on the wife at bed time........it allowed me to get in real close before I pounced! As long as I have the wind in my favour I usually get my prey:cool:

halg

Lil-Rokslider
I usually buy random base layer and insulating layer bottoms to save money. No one has ever noticed...

Come on really, you'd thought you would get real responses to that question????????? Does it even need to be asked? Why all the other CAMO crap on the market..........answer it yourself

Camo bottoms because they happened to be 50% off when my previous (solid) go to pair died and needed replaced. Slightly ironically, I don’t use any camo pants, so they are covered in solids all the time.

At least camo v. solid base layers don’t matter. What I don’t get is who buys camo stuff that can get lost? GPS, gloves, binos, rangefinders, knives... all that stuff should be made in yellow and orange for guys like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

colersu22

WKR
I had the same deal as Yellowknife when I bought the first lite underwear and Allegheny bottoms. I wanted a solid color but the fusion was a little cheaper for some reason so that’s how I made my choice.

Same for me. I have a Fusion top to match my Kanab's in case it's hot outside. My bottoms are ASAT because they were on sale.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

svivian

WKR
Because you never know when you go to take a dump in the woods hunting that something might walk out in shooting range at the most inconvenient time.

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
Where's Bruce - if I get what you're meaning, then good point ... so now I'm regretting getting the Pine option on special. Uh-oh.

Perhaps the Fusions would have been a useful disruptive pattern after all?

mcseal2

WKR
So if a deer or elk walks by when I have my pants around my ankles zipping on my Kuiu Kenai pants he won't see me? To make skid marks blend in even with a very colorful diet?

I've got no clue but I have several pairs I bought when they were on Camofire or somewhere else at a good price.