What are the warmest gloves available?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My wife is one tough cookie but she has an issue where her hands get cold faster then anything else. I'd like to get th warmest possible gloves or mittens for her.

We're here in Alaska so I need the real shit on this one.

Thank you in advance.!!!

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
Well, does she need to be able to do anything with her hands while wearing them? Have you thought about heated gloves or mittens with heat packs in the finger box?

MTSabo

WKR
A thick rag wool glove as a liner inside of a good mitten is super warm. Gordini makes some nice mittens. Refrigiwear makes some good rag wool gloves. There are many others.

Best I have used are the Black Diamond brand, specifically the Guide gloves.
Very expensive, you can often find deals on them.
They are very well made, and are very tough!!

Black Diamond has a 15% coupon going on now ( bdwelcome15)

Bob

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
Many company make down mittens. The are probably going to be your best bet. Throw a hand-warmer in each and she'll be cooking.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
She dosent really need to be using her hands too much but we need them to keep her hands warm while sitting still when it's below zero out. Also they need to be able to get her hands warm again when she does take them off.

The black diamonds seem good, I was also looking st the outdoor research alti mitts, does anybody have those?

I had an older pair of OR expedition mitts which kept my hands warm climbing at 20,000+ feet but I've lost them and it dosnt seem like they are made any longer.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I bought my kids some Glommits from Cabelas this year, I had never done the mitten type thing, but Iknew i wanted their hands to be warm, I liked them so much i ordered a pair for myself as well, the mitten part folds back and they have little magnets to keep em in place. And it has a hand warmer pocket as well. Worm em a couple times this year and they are really warm. Temps were in the low 20's a few times I wore them

Costco sold a mitten/glove hybrid a few years ago that are pretty durable, very warm, and inexpensive. I say hybrid because the inside of them has the fingers separated like a glove but the outside is a mitten. They’re very soft on the inside and, like I said, very warm. I wear these all the time in the winter for misc. stuff but mainly for those cold drives home after a 12 hour shift with sub zero temps. There’s even a zippered pocket on the back to slip in a heat pack. I can’t remember what I paid for them but I know they were $20 or less.
b172157b95cd0218c5c65f1a7510af5a.jpg
1a100996df25a9a242a0091e19d95fe3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rwbrew3

WKR
I would consider the sitka incinerator flip mitt, I haven’t put them to the test but i can tell they are going to be crazy
Warm, flip the mitt back and its just a set of gloves...

blackdawg

WKR
I will second the MT050 hand muff with hand warmers. Best solution I have found for sitting still and maintaining warm hands in cold weather.

Matti

FNG
I own the Alti mitts and have worn them making late season drives at -33F and had warm hands all day. You could also look at Hestra mittens. I haven’t worn them but have seen a lot of people use them on shows about Everest.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for all the advice everybody, I'll start checking out everything. My go to cold weather mitts are a pair of cabelas trans alaskas but it seems that cabelas dosent make them any longer.

Kostrize

WKR
Buffalo down gloves from Buffalo Wool Co have been the warmest liner gloves I’ve ever tried, including standhunting in SK down to -35. Work great with a shell. Expensive but worth it to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NW307

Lil-Rokslider
I got a pair of OR alti mitts for my wife and she hasn't complained of cold hands since.

I got a pair of OR alti mitts for my wife and she hasn't complained of cold hands since.

my girlfriend ALWAYS complains about cold hands when we're out snow shoeing...and her finger tips seem like they get borderline hypothermic..its crazy.. i think she might have raynauds syndrome.
anyways...i have a friend who gets a pro deal on OR and might go ahead and splurge for the heated OR gloves this year for her.. those might be worth a look.
they have some that are 265 all the way up to 500.