Purpose of the Sitka Mountain or timberline jacket

Stwrt9

WKR
How is the sizing on the timberline? I wear a medium in everything else

Justin, i'm 5'10" 165 and i typically wear a medium in everything. although i will tell you i seem to be all over the map when it comes to sizing. For me it has taken a lot of trial and error and probably not what you want to hear but if your unsure, i would order 2 and send one back. for instance i tend to be in between a medium and large a lot of it comes down to how i like things to fit on me for what i intend to use each item for.. i wear Sitka large core lightweight hoody, Large core midweight shirt, Medium core Heavyweight hoody, Medium traverse coldweather hoody, Medium Timberline, Large Kelvin light hoody, Large Jetstream jacket, Medium Jetstream vest, Medium Cloudburst Jacket. In Kuiu i wore everything in Medium even the guide jacket as i could probably wear medium in the jetstream i just never tried one on. In First lite i wear large SS LLano/minaret, Medium LS minaret/wilkin, Medium Chama, Medium sawtooth. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me and i'll try and explain my thoughts on some of the items and why i chose each size.
Josh

Stwrt9

WKR
I normally wear a medium. So maybe I’ll try Large so I can layer over things

I agree if you want to layer over top of something a Large would probably work best. I could go either way as well. the Med is great for just a base layer if i was running and gunning in the early season. I also wish it was about an inch longer in the arms. The large would allow to stretch later in the season maybe with a puffy underneath such as the kelvin active jacket. My thoughts are though for later in the season and layering i would rather just take the jetstream. as it's a bit more insulated. But that does come with a downside as the jet stream doesn't pack up as well as the Timberline.

sr80

WKR
I normally wear a medium. So maybe I’ll try Large so I can layer over things

I would recommend that, i usually wear a large in sitka, and i found the sleeves a tad short, and the neck tight when zipped fully with the large, Ill probably get an XL next season. I sold that jacket, but miss it now.

mcseal2

WKR
I just got a Mountain jacket in today. I wanted something I could put over my FL Sawtooth, or Sawtooth and a puffy to cut wind. I wore it tonight when we went to town in a 15mph wind and it stopped it all. It needs more testing but was comfortable and seemed to breathe decent at walking around town speeds. I normally wear a 2x and went with a 3x so I could layer plenty underneath. I rifle hunt and don't mind a little baggy fit anyway, more dead air space to keep me warmer isn't a bad thing for me. I think it's a layer that will get a lot of use for me. I do a lot of predator hunting this time of year and I think I can do a lot of hunting with base layers matched to the temp, this, and the Sawtooth. The puffy will be in the pack for when the sun gets lower and it gets colder or for stands where I might see a cat or want to sit longer. I have much warmer stuff when the cold really sets in, but highs in the 40's to 60's are still hanging on for now.