Sitka's Ascent System ?'s

Any one have any experience with Sitka's Ascent System? Particularly looking at the pant, shirt, and glove. I want to know if they are better/worse than the Kuiu Tiburon Pants, a merino base layer top, and the old Sitka Shooter glove. Thinking archery hunting in CO.

i have both the pants. tiburons breathe better and are a little quieter. the ascents are cut a little skinnier though so your pant legs dont rub as much when walking so the less quiet thing isnt as much of a deal. ascents block wind better if it gets chilly at night. best system ive found for hot weather is tiburon pant and aerowool top.

Kostrize

WKR
i have both the pants. tiburons breathe better and are a little quieter. the ascents are cut a little skinnier though so your pant legs dont rub as much when walking so the less quiet thing isnt as much of a deal. ascents block wind better if it gets chilly at night. best system ive found for hot weather is tiburon pant and aerowool top.

How’s the durability of the Ascents vs. the Tiburons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my tiburons have some pilling in them and one minor tear that i used tenacious tape on. but thats been over 2 years and we have lots of brush with small thorns and such. overall ive been very happy with them. i cant honestly comment on the durability of the ascents as i havent used them enough to get a true gauge of durability. i have done some brushbusting in my limited use of them and no piling so far.

ive been rotating the tiburons, zions, corrugate guides and ascents and will put together a warm weather pant review in the next coming months

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
I want the glove, but have only fondled it in store.

The ascent hat is one of my favorite pieces
The pants are pretty great too, little loud, but tough, light and comfortable for me.

I use a core light hoody, more versatile, and the hood keeps the sun off my ears and neck.

90* for 5 days in the sun this year and Iv got no complaints. Even used the ascent pant, hoody and hat into late October.

blkqi

WKR
Ascent has worked well for me as a mid-layer for all temps between 30F and 75F with the right layering. It is a very light material, but seems durable enough. I use a something else if there is going to be light rain, snow, or cold wind.