Gaiters for large calves

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
I have very large calves and have never successfully found a gaiter that will comfortably go around them. Has anybody had any luck finding a real girthy gaiter? The OR ones did not work for me, too tight. Cheers!

Kostrize

WKR
Also have large calves. The Kuiu Yukons in XL fit me, even a little too big

First Lite Bramblers were way too small. They were good taking the return though.

OR Expedition gaiters may fit you, they are sized larger for cold weather mountaineering clothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the Kuiu Yukon gaiter, husband has large calves too and they fit him comfortably. Now if we’re talking socks, that’s a whole different conversation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoElk

WKR
The only gaiter I know are the OR. They come in multiple sizes so maybe be sure you had the XL’s. If that doesn’t work then I’m not sure you will find gaiters big enough.

I have large calves and use the Kenetrek hunting gaiters. They fit perfect, not to loose but not tight either. Been very impressed so far.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
If the Kuiu XL's fit, you simply don't have big calves. I have a pair of them and they are super tight. The only one's I've found that are comfortable are the Kennetrek's as mentioned above. (I have 19" calves for reference).

LaHunter

WKR
I have used both Kenetreks and Kuiu Yukon XL gaiters. I would say that the Kenetrek's would allow for a little more calf girth. The Yukons fit a little more snug.

19” calves here. The kuiu fit tight like a drum but they fit. OR crocs in xl are a little roomier, i believe they go up to xxl.

b2one

WKR
If you are looking at OR, make sure you get the expedition croc gaiters vs. the others - the expeditions seem to have more girth than the other models.